Riding Along with Marine Technology Inc >

Riding Along with Marine Technology Inc

Notices

Riding Along with Marine Technology Inc

Old 02-24-2014, 02:59 PM
Administrators

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Riding Along with Marine Technology Inc

Matt Trulio, notorious writer of Speed On The Water, took to the water with Marine Technology Inc during the Miami Boat Show Poker Run to experience the best of both worlds—a ride in Brad Benson’s 52-foot Marine Technology Inc. cat, and the MTI V42. Check out what he had to say in the excerpt below, or view the article in full here!

As transitions in the performance-boat world go, it’s hard to imagine a more radical change than going from a wide-open center console V-bottom to a canopied catamaran in the space of a few hours. You start with the wind in your hair and an unlimited field of vision and move to a gentle breeze from an electric fan/air conditioner and a view that most closely resembles what you’d expect to find in one of those vintage deep-sea diving suits. It’s not so much claustrophobic, at least in a ride on the scale of Brad Benson’s 52-foot Marine Technology Inc. cat, as it is cocooned.

The two boating experiences are so different that after indulging in both today during the Florida Powerboat Club’s annual Miami Boat Show Poker Run I’m having trouble “processing”—a Dr. Phil word, I know, but it’s the best I’ve got at the moment—them. On one hand, I hate getting the skin blown off my face in an open-cockpit boat. On the other, I like the fresh air. On another hand, I appreciate the protection from the elements that a roof over my head affords. On another, a roof over my head kills the look and feel of the environment. And I love that look and feel.

There is no “right” answer here. There is only … preference. Where mine lies right now after today’s different boat-ride experiences, I do not know.