Teague’s Take: Shootout Supreme >

Teague’s Take: Shootout Supreme

Notices

Teague’s Take: Shootout Supreme

Old 10-16-2015, 01:56 PM
Administrators

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Teague’s Take: Shootout Supreme

The best way to run safely at high speeds is in a shootout. Attending the 27th annual Lake of the Ozarks Shootout and being a part of the broadcast team again, reminded me why that event—and really top-speed shootouts in general—is so awesome. Obviously because of everything the Central Missouri lake has to offer, plus the weeklong events associated with the Shootout, there’s nothing like it in the country.

The only negative part about the event is that it’s impossible to do everything and be everywhere.

I’ve participated in the Shootout a couple of times—once a few years ago with my friend, Roger Neighbors, who happens to be a Teague Custom Marine customer, in his 42-foot Fountain, and another time with my former offshore racing teammate, Lizardo Benitez of Peru, when the event was held at the old location—Shooters 21.

Shootouts are fun, no doubt, but when you compete professionally on an offshore racecourse on a regular basis, they are not the most exciting thing. That being said, the coolest aspect of the Lake of the Ozarks Shootout is that you don’t have to take part in the weekend’s top-speed runs to have a good time at the event, which features activities all around the lake throughout the week.

Whether it’s rafting up as a spectator over the weekend, taking part in the poker run, walking the Shootout on the Strip, attending the Hall of Fame awards dinner, giving rides to special needs children, hitting Super Cat Fest at Camden on the Lake or just visiting the massive amount of destinations along the lake, there is so much to do. And it all happens because of the Shootout.

To read more click here - http://teaguecustommarine.com/teague...otout-supreme/