Water Volunteers needed for Point Pleasant Race

Notices

Water Volunteers needed for Point Pleasant Race

Old 05-30-2006, 10:27 AM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water Volunteers needed for Point Pleasant Race

The Point Pleasant NJ race is now just three weeks away (6/25) and we need water volunteers to keep our racers safe.

If you've never done this before, you don't know what your missing. It will be the highlight of your summer.

Please go to http://njoffshore.homestead.com/volunteer.html and fill out the online volunteer form.

While your on www.njoffshore.com, please join the mailing list so you get all of our email updates.

Thanks!!!!!!!

Ron
Old 05-30-2006, 02:03 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Water Volunteers needed for Point Pleasant Race

Come on guy's and Ladies...The Godfather needs someone to watch over ALL OUR CREWS and KEEP THEM SAFE while he is playing, in turn I will not forget this kind act. Thank You All.
Old 05-30-2006, 06:24 PM
Registered

Its true! Don't forget the best seat in the house, some great pics, the ear splitting, knock your socks off feeling you get when the boats and helos go by.....and the true support of a sport we love. I'll spread the word.

Volunteers Rock!!

KP
OSS Race Control,
"The Dock Nazi"
Old 05-30-2006, 08:17 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Ron, Augie and all else involved. Ya may have a lil issue with some of the regulars due to the fact that the NJPPC AC overnite Poker Run is Saturday from Lobster Shanty to Trumps, then we leave Trumps the next morning. If i werent already registered you know i'd be there...actually was a lil pissed when the date got changed back to 6/25 cause i was looking forwards to giving you a hand.
Old 05-30-2006, 09:18 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

No problem Bern, you can stop by on your way home. This seems to happen every year.

I have 15 volunteer boats so far. Another 20 and we'll be good to go! You know I like to keep the Boyz safe.
Old 05-30-2006, 10:15 PM
Registered

2 years in a row i worked the Point Race with ya and did the AC Run...never same weekend.
Old 05-31-2006, 06:37 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Bern, problems BEYOND our control forced this change. Just once before I drop dead I would like to do the AC Run with everybody. We THANK everyone for all their support over the years and hope everyone has a GREAT TIME at the NJPPC AC RUN. Please be safe! Regards, Augie
Old 05-31-2006, 07:08 AM
Registered

whats the estimated start time for the PP race ? may sound stupid but going to try my hardest to make it back in time barring any mechanical gremlins...you know how these cats beat the shiiiiiiiit outta these eggbeaters ????!?!?! i really do miss my scarab when it comes to that, but how i do like the speed.
Old 05-31-2006, 07:09 AM
Registered

Augie, i know Smitty and Ant were gonna try and do it as well. Not to mention the NYC Poker Run is the weekend b4 the PP Race.
Old 05-31-2006, 08:18 PM
Racer
Racer

Wasn't Pointe Pleasant rescheduled?

Hello Race Fans,

As you know the Point Pleasant race had been scheduled for Sunday June 28th and we were prepared to run this race without a purse.

After a call from Jenkinsons, - our longstanding title sponsor, it made sense to try and move the race. The problem has always been getting
a CG permit for a weekend race. Well, after a lot of work we showed the Coast Guard that late August is no more busy that May.
It's June and July that are the real busy summer months.

This will be the first time in 35 years that we've run a race on a weekend in July or August. Hopefully this date will be available to us in future years too.

Jenkinsons is willing to support the race in late August because it will draw a crowd back to the beach, in late June, they are packed anyhow.

For this reason, the Point Pleasant Race has been officially moved to the weekend of August 26 and 27, with Jenkinsons as a sponsor. Please mark your calendars.

With this move, we expect to be able to offer the full $25,000 purse at this race. Please stay tuned.

Thank you for your support of OPA

Quick Reply: Water Volunteers needed for Point Pleasant Race

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.