Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   OPA/The Jersey Boyz (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/opa-jersey-boyz-193/)
-   -   While Looking for a Class 6 or 5 boat I found this: WTF is it? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/opa-jersey-boyz/150510-while-looking-class-6-5-boat-i-found-wtf.html)

2 Trick Rick 02-01-2007 01:41 PM

While Looking for a Class 6 or 5 boat I found this: WTF is it?

27 Fusion Offshore Racer... The guy has been trying to sell it for awhile now. I guess they only made 5 and this is the only one ever rigged. First asking price was 37K last year, now its 19K OBO, So I called - 1 motor is dead ..

Strange and interesting boat though

racesdad 02-01-2007 02:13 PM

Re: While Looking for a Class 6 or 5 boat I found this: WTF is it?

where is it?

2 Trick Rick 02-01-2007 02:31 PM

Brick NJ

SHARKEY-IMAGES 02-01-2007 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by 2 Trick Rick (Post 2012388)
27 Fusion Offshore Racer... The guy has been trying to sell it for awhile now. I guess they only made 5 and this is the only one ever rigged. First asking price was 37K last year, now its 19K OBO, So I called - 1 motor is dead ..

Strange and interesting boat though

I replied to your email. Did you receieve it ?:confused:

If I get a chance, I will take a closer look at it.

Is it still at the marina that it is in the picture?

2 Trick Rick 02-01-2007 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by sharkeymarine (Post 2012449)
I replied to your email. Did you receieve it ?:confused:

If I get a chance, I will take a closer look at it.

Is it still at the marina that it is in the picture?

Sorry, Yesterday was hell at work and today started out worst! I called the broker and asked if the boat was at his place and he said No, I asked were it was and it was like he did not want to tell me.. he told me to e-mail him that he would contact the owner and get back with me..

strange way to sell a boat.. I still may get that Cat up in Michigan and the Wifes still likes the BatBoat :rolleyes:

2 Trick Rick 02-01-2007 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by Steve Miklos (Post 2012479)
I raced against that boat in Sarasota 1995 local race, it is fast!
Steve

I think that is when I was told it was last raced. Its hard to see the hull, but it looks like a 22 Baja Hammer :eek:

Wazzup Racing 02-01-2007 03:28 PM

I know the broker, if you want me to get info. Smitty

2 Trick Rick 02-01-2007 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by Wazzup Racing (Post 2012487)
I know the broker, if you want me to get info. Smitty

I think the Brokers name was Mike, Not sure on that seeing as I cant find his e-mails. But problem is NO ONE knows anything about the boat. All I have been told is "It's fast" but that wont help me if she handles like a filing cabinet with two outboards attached. If you look at the V she sure don’t look like a good rough water boat, but than again it may be the pictures.

phragle 02-01-2007 04:32 PM

I blew up the picks a couple hundred percent, because it really looked like it was hanging off the bunks a long ways...looking at them enlarged, I think it has a major transom nothc and a single step..the transom notch is why the V looks so small in the back..

SHARKEY-IMAGES 02-02-2007 08:00 PM

I stopped in today to see where the boat may be. The girl says I would need to make an appointment to see it and that the boat was about 2 hours away in North Jersey.

When asked if the engines were all ok she said that it would be up to me to find that out. But as far she knows the onwer told them that the boat runs great... :confused:

As we get closer to the season, I will keep an eye out to see if it makes its way to the shore area.

My guess is that the boat may be up near Lake Hopatcong. That is about 1.5 to 2.0 hours away...