Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   OPA/The Jersey Boyz (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/opa-jersey-boyz-193/)
-   -   Alganac Kilo Run Results (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/opa-jersey-boyz/159873-alganac-kilo-run-results.html)

SHARKEY-IMAGES 06-03-2007 09:16 AM

Algonac Kilo Run Results

Anyone have them ???

According to this Schedule of Events a Kilo Run was supposed to be on Saturday....

nocigarette 06-03-2007 11:01 AM

i went saturday and only saw seven or eight boats............I was going to ask if they all show up race day or was that just their turn out.....................They dont advertise or post many banners around town.....

Reliable was there saw him run twice down the river......took a few pics i will post later.....

Not a very good turn out............

SHARKEY-IMAGES 06-03-2007 12:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Wicked Performance Marine should have been there!
I think they left here on Thursday.

As far as the banners and advertising, unless the New Jersey based club "OPA" had volunteers in Algonac prepared ahead of time to get them up, it wouldn't get done until they arrived out there if at all.

Last year a week or 2 before the Point Pleasant Beach, NJ race I grabbed a bunch of the posters and hit many of the local businesses to place them in their windows. Still, even that is short notice.

As soon as something is printed, I will be happy to get them out again this year.

The advertising and promotions for some reason gets lost in OS for some race sites. You would kind of hope the local Chamber of Commerces could help out in that dept.

Another thing to consider, if dates aren't established soon enough, then they miss out on other printed materials from hotels who print up events scheduled for their season.

First thing my wife noticed when I received my confirmation from Ocean City. The brochure had nothing about the race on it. My guess is that it already went to print prior to getting the Coast Guard Permit. Sometimes it just doesn't always fall into place.

SHARKEY-IMAGES 06-03-2007 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by DJFOUNTAIN (Post 2149054)
Race Cancled Rain & Fog :(

What happened yesterday? :confused:

BRUCE SEROFF 06-03-2007 02:08 PM

yesterday it was beautiful. I hear the sun is shining now.

Bummer.

SHARKEY-IMAGES 06-03-2007 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by BRUCE SEROFF (Post 2149088)
yesterday it was beautiful. I hear the sun is shining now.

Bummer.

Did they have a Kilo Run yesterday or not ? :confused:

BRUCE SEROFF 06-03-2007 02:27 PM

There were no Kilo runs in Algonac. They are scheduled for St Clair

SHARKEY-IMAGES 06-03-2007 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by BRUCE SEROFF (Post 2149109)
There were no Kilo runs in Algonac. They are scheduled for St Clair

According to this Algonac Schedule of Events a Kilo Run was supposed to be on Saturday.... :confused:

SHARKEY-IMAGES 06-03-2007 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by DJFOUNTAIN (Post 2149131)
Just testing Saturday no kilo runs:rolleyes:

Thanks!
I was only going by what was advertised by the Algonac Chamber of Commerce website.

nocigarette 06-03-2007 05:07 PM

I hate to be a ***** but..............I brought my boss and his wife up with me to that race, they thought it was some kind of joke..........Dont get me wrong i have gone to races since i was 12-13 years old..............But really!!!!!!!!!! 7-8 boats on saturday no vendors in the viewing area, a small beer tent sponsered by the local liones................Plus all the old guys had fishing tournament shirts on.......If i did not no anything about boat racing, i would have thought it was a coulple of guys out with fast boats.........