What's up Michigan people?

Notices

What's up Michigan people?

Old 07-20-2007, 11:13 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default What's up Michigan people?

Ok, if you want to tell to be quiet feel free to. But... um..... seems you have people that do no know there is even a race going on next weekend. All the racers and organizations have done tons of work to promote the race (So please, don't go here, I know the hard work that goes into all of this). But um, don't you think we should start posting about the races in the GD section. I just found this thread in GD. And since he's asking about a race, I'll assume he saw race boats heading to St Clair.
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...05104#poststop
Originally Posted by onesickpantera
A friend of mine just called and said he has seen 6 big azz boats heading north in the last couple hours.

Any races going on this weekend?

posted today 11:31am EST

You guys put your hearts and souls into this sport. So let's start getting this out to the general public. The bigger the attendance, the bigger the chance of sponsorships, and so on...... I think I'm just kinda in shock that with all the talk about St Clair in the OPA section, that the question actually came up in GD

And........... it's just not Michigan, it seems to be at alot of the sites.

Last edited by Lucididee; 07-20-2007 at 11:16 AM.
Old 07-20-2007, 12:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wow

They promote the Hell out of the Saint Clair race. I guarantee you more than any other venue. There is no race this weekend, the race is next weekend. It is on the radio all over the paper, there was probably a 15 page write up in one of the local papers on Wednesday. There are signs promoting the event as far as the eye can see. I am assuming that you have never been to a race there and see all the things that are going on.
Old 07-20-2007, 12:43 PM
Racer
Racer

Originally Posted by oldracefan
They promote the Hell out of the Saint Clair race. I guarantee you more than any other venue. There is no race this weekend, the race is next weekend. It is on the radio all over the paper, there was probably a 15 page write up in one of the local papers on Wednesday. There are signs promoting the event as far as the eye can see. I am assuming that you have never been to a race there and see all the things that are going on.

Yep, there is a Poker Run this weekend up North. I think Wahoo ATV is running in it with the Bat Boat
Old 07-20-2007, 12:57 PM
Registered

Dee don't worry about a shortage of spectators...you have been to St. Clair before right??? Spectators is not something we lack for such a small town!!!

As for the boats seen heading north, they are likely headed to the Boyne Thunder poker run. With Smoke on the Water cancelled I can just imagine what the turnout will be. I know Ilmor, Outerlimits and Dean (TAOD) are already up there. hitting the road in a few hours myself.

Rick - not sure what wahoo Dean is thinking trying to tackle 120 miles of Lake Michigan in a bat boat but what the hell I couldn't let him out there on his own!!! (heard something about Dave can't travel without his batman toothbrush or something! ) Should be a blast!!!
Old 07-20-2007, 12:59 PM
Racer
Racer

Originally Posted by fantastixvoyage
Dee don't worry about a shortage of spectators...you have been to St. Clair before right??? Spectators is not something we lack for such a small town!!!

As for the boats seen heading north, they are likely headed to the Boyne Thunder poker run. With Smoke on the Water cancelled I can just imagine what the turnout will be. I know Ilmor, Outerlimits and Dean (TAOD) are already up there. hitting the road in a few hours myself.

Rick - not sure what wahoo Dean is thinking trying to tackle 120 miles of Lake Michigan in a bat boat but what the hell I couldn't let him out there on his own!!! (heard something about Dave can't travel without his batman toothbrush or something! ) Should be a blast!!!

Did You and Dean get your team uniforms?
Attached Thumbnails What's up Michigan people?-batman-robin.jpg  
Old 07-20-2007, 01:00 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by oldracefan
I've been around the race scene for about 30+ years now. My 1st races were out in LI, NY watching Joel, Betty and the rest of the crew. You're assumption of me never being to the St. Clair race is correct. But your assumption that I do not know what is going behind the scenes, in St. Clair is absolutely incorrect. I know more of what is going on with the St. Clair & Patchogue races than I do with the Point Pleasant race which is in the state I live in. This was the same in Ocean City, where alot of the local people had no idea that there was even a race going on on Sunday, when I was on the boardwalk posting posters everywhere I could on Saturday, day before race day. But if you went to the post I linked above, you would see that it is a Michigan person. And I would NEVER take away ANYTHING away from those that put on these races, as I know how much work goes into it. What I didn't understand is WHY no one pushed/advertised/promoted the St Clair race in the General Discussion section of OSO. As some OSOers never venture outta the Racers Forum, some OSOers never venture into the Racers Forum. OSO has become an essential form of advertising and promotion to the masses in the boating community, why are we not posting a thread in GD to get the boat enthusiasts out to the races. In which they attend the race and support ALL that is done to make races like these happen. (Both racers & promoters.)

OSO currently has "Members: 48,625" who has friends and families, of which I'm sure some of them are within driving distance, that do not have access to the local advertising, and have no idea how hard people have worked to get the Race as big as it is. Just a simple post in GD, could get more people to the venue.

Last edited by Lucididee; 07-20-2007 at 01:06 PM.
Old 07-20-2007, 01:04 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Dee don't worry about a shortage of spectators...you have been to St. Clair before right??? Spectators is not something we lack for such a small town!!!............
................ (heard something about Dave can't travel without his batman toothbrush or something! ) Should be a blast!!!
Actually, never been to the St Clair venue

I just kills me knowing all the time & hard work that goes into these events and that someone on OSO in GD has no idea what's going on.

And yup, he is completely lost without his BatBrush

Last edited by Lucididee; 07-20-2007 at 01:08 PM.
Old 07-20-2007, 01:34 PM
Registered

Dee I didn't even read the other posts or I would have mentioned this sooner. We all know how much you put into this organization and one quick look at the OPA site and one would understand. It is greatly appreciated by all.

Don't worry about a couple posts in General Discussions. If they don't know about the races it is beyond me. Living under a rock or not from area (remember Michigan is a weee bit bigger than NJ! )
Old 07-20-2007, 01:39 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Dee I didn't even read the other posts or I would have mentioned this sooner. We all know how much you put into this organization and one quick look at the OPA site and one would understand. It is greatly appreciated by all.

Don't worry about a couple posts in General Discussions. If they don't know about the races it is beyond me. Living under a rock or not from area (remember Michigan is a weee bit bigger than NJ! )
Ya think it's a little bigger? We just got bigger mouths in NJ

See ya soon Darlin'! I should be rolling into town on Thurs around noon.
Old 07-22-2007, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by Lucididee
I just kills me knowing all the time & hard work that goes into these events and that someone on OSO in GD has no idea what's going on.
Just calm down Lucididee, LOL, I just kills me knowing all the time & hard work that goes into this event that someone on OSO in GD has no idea what's going on. LOL
I'm sure all the big Boats they seen headed north in Michigan on Thursday and Friday were headed to Boyne Thunder, you should have known that. but i'll be honest, I also didn't know you had a race going on next weekend, so i'll forgive you for not knowing about Boyne Thunder Poker Run.
I wish you all the luck in the world. and I pray your event turns out as awesome as ours did. Have fun and be safe. JB

Quick Reply: What's up Michigan people?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.