Opa Represents In Key West Worlds >

Opa Represents In Key West Worlds

Notices

Opa Represents In Key West Worlds

Old 11-13-2007, 10:29 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opa Represents In Key West Worlds

OPA showed up at the Worlds in Key West and took 4 out of 5 checkerd flags in P Class....

It was great to see the boys from up North head south and show everyone what its like to compete with the racers from that little ORG called OPA...we wish we could have had all the OPA teams down with us in Key West...but for the teams that were able....great job guys.....it just shows....you don't have to be a National Circuit to have great race teams in your Orgs. It just come down to pinning your ears back and putting it out there.....not a bad showing in such a short time to put this together.....along with the SBI/APBA teams....what a great battle we all had.....

Again...thanks to Smitty and all the staff at OPA for all you do...
and to John Haggin.....thanks for taking a chance on a crazy sport like Offshore Racing.....everyone is greatfull for all you do for us.....

So get some sleep in the next few days....and then.....get into the shop and start getting them little bears ready....2008 is just around the corner.....

Let us know if any of us can help out to get you guys ready....

I was a little disipointed that one of the Barney boats had shin spinters and could not make Key West for there slaying....but there is always 2008......don't worrie about the snow shoveling this year....it will melt by April......

We can't wait for next year to get here....

Last edited by MANITIE; 11-13-2007 at 10:31 AM.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:02 AM
Registered

There were 24 boats that raced with OPA this year that were there for the worlds. United we Race!
Old 11-13-2007, 11:49 AM
DriverofDonzi
Gold Member

Originally Posted by 32tempest
There were 24 boats that raced with OPA this year that were there for the worlds. United we Race!

AMEN!!!!
Old 11-13-2007, 12:28 PM
Registered

It just shows you....who is setting the example for us to put all the political BS aside and go out and race and have fun.........its those damm P-Class racers.....
Old 11-13-2007, 01:25 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Originally Posted by 32tempest

How about "United We Race" with United Race Rules, tried for a week to get a conformation on what class we would be put in and no one would return our calls. Called SBI Inspector and SBI but no one would call us back.
Old 11-13-2007, 01:30 PM
Registered

Eddie...you should have gave me a call....I tought you guys were already going....the inspectors were swamped weeks before....some of the teams did not know till they got there...but it was only a few....

you would have ran in P-5.....and done well.....
Old 11-13-2007, 02:38 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Sorry we missed it, Had more reasons not to go than go (work), but not knowing what class we were going to be put in was the deciding factor. We need common rules, their are a few SBI Races that we would like to attend, SBI has the same issues in class 4 and 5 that we had in OPA before adding class 6. Hope this can all be settled in the offseason.

Examples, Tennessee 24 Pantara, Crazy Chicken 30 Extreme, Jersey Boyz 38 Scarab, none of these boats should be racing against each other

Eddie
Old 11-13-2007, 06:34 PM
Registered

ED to me me we would have been P4 and non competive single 500 can't beat twin 500 in any water thats a fact no disrespect to the twins but facts are facts there is a gap there for sure.Work and family health prevailed for me but if I attended I would have been dissapointed at placement to say the least. But I am happy about the possitive move foward for unification this was a very good year indeed Great Job to everyone who made this HAPPEN!

JIm