Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   OPA/The Jersey Boyz (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/opa-jersey-boyz-193/)
-   -   Race Site Support (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/opa-jersey-boyz/175907-race-site-support.html)

louietherigger 12-21-2007 07:20 PM

Race Site Support

Ladies and Gentlemen, As you know, we ran our 1st race in Patchogue, L.I. N.Y. last August and it was very well received.
The way we funded the race was through the sale of advertizements in the race program and it worked well. The issue we had was that the cost of the initial program was pretty expensive, so quite a bit of the sales were to cover the cost of the book. We have given some thought to this and with the help of Thorpe Printing in St. Clair, Mich. we are working on a plan to cut the initial and over all cost for each site that participates. Here's the jist of it, 50% or so will be generic having pictures of our race boats, and larger sponsors who will advertise in all programs for all the sites. This should more then cover the initial program cost and possibly raise some money to be divided among the sites. The rest of the program will be for each site to sell advertizing space, with allocated space for the City, FD, Police and Race info. The cover will also be unique to each site. Lance Thorpe has been extremely helpful and the preliminary pricing is great and based on bulk rates. So at this point I am calling out to my fellow racers, fellow race promoters and fellow sponsors, we can make this work! We have verbal commitments on 4 sites which would be 10,000 programs 2500 per site, I think all the sites should get on board. In a couple of days it will be 2008 lets get started!! My cell # is 1-516-702-2601 so give me a call. Thanks, Louie

PS Thorpe Printing is the exclusive printer for the St. Clair Race. So we have all seen his excellent work already.

Wazzup Racing 12-21-2007 07:52 PM

This is a great concept initiated by the Rigger. It will also bring all the sites together. They all have different ideas on the fund raising aspect of the events. We are going to work with them all in an attempt to build a stronger series for you all. Thankyou Louie, for your continued efforts to move the sport forward. Smitty

Wahoo ATV 12-21-2007 08:04 PM

So what do you need us to do?

scottc 12-21-2007 08:47 PM

Maybe team profiles with a donation? I might be game for that one.

FREEZE FRAME VIDEO 12-21-2007 09:22 PM

i will send to you louie every photo you want again for Progam Just Call me freeze frame

TYPHOON 12-22-2007 07:47 AM

Louie, Now thats some great thinking!
MD

louietherigger 12-22-2007 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by Wahoo ATV (Post 2380248)
So what do you need us to do?

Hey Dean, I need 2 things from you 1st stay behind us when we are racing! lol(couldn't resist) We need to get Sponsors to take full page adds in the bulk or generic program, for instance I plan to put a full page ad in all the sites, so whatever the page price is I would times that by how many race sites. The golden question right now is how much for a standard page, we are figuring around 1250 to 1500 per site, we will have this nailed down by early January. What we will need next is to help our local sites get advertizers from business card sizes to full pages. The alternative to this plan was to fence in the park and charge admission, one it's a logistical nighmare, two with the current economy I think it would thin out our fan base as most areas, if not all are feeling the pinch. Hey Scott, that's an option I'm sure a lot of teams will be game for that, hey its your page, you can put in what ever you want, as long as theres no nudity lol we can make another book for that and give Hefner a run for his money! Thanks Jeff, I'll be calling for sure. Thanks Randy, can you knock on some doors in your neck of the woods? I just put on an offshore tee-shirt (well I usually have one on already), get myself inside and start telling boat stories till they figure out the only way to get rid of me is to take an add. lol. Thanks Smitty, being a part of the offshore scene has been a great time and I thank you for all that you do. Thanks guys, Louie

PS Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, okay after the holidays lets all:signs069:

2 Trick Rick 12-22-2007 09:43 AM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by louietherigger (Post 2380555)
Hey Dean, I need 2 things from you 1st stay behind us when we are racing! lol(couldn't resist) We need to get Sponsors to take full page adds in the bulk or generic program, for instance I plan to put a full page ad in all the sites, so whatever the page price is I would times that by how many race sites. The golden question right now is how much for a standard page, we are figuring around 1250 to 1500 per site, we will have this nailed down by early January. What we will need next is to help our local sites get advertizers from business card sizes to full pages. The alternative to this plan was to fence in the park and charge admission, one it's a logistical nighmare, two with the current economy I think it would thin out our fan base as most areas, if not all are feeling the pinch. Hey Scott, that's an option I'm sure a lot of teams will be game for that, hey its your page, you can put in what ever you want, as long as theres no nudity lol we can make another book for that and give Hefner a run for his money! Thanks Jeff, I'll be calling for sure. Thanks Randy, can you knock on some doors in your neck of the woods? I just put on an offshore tee-shirt (well I usually have one on already), get myself inside and start telling boat stories till they figure out the only way to get rid of me is to take an add. lol. Thanks Smitty, being a part of the offshore scene has been a great time and I thank you for all that you do. Thanks guys, Louie

PS Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, okay after the holidays lets all:signs069:

1st: If I can help I will be more than willing if you need it.

2nd: I do for a living..:drink:

3rd: I'll attach a picture of the current job I'm working on. It's about 800 pages and I take the product pictures, do the layout and type set each page. So if I can help layout this for you and it fits into my schedule I'll be glad to do so.

4th: Printing, we work with a printer and do big $$$$ with them, we even did limited edition calendars, maybe only 2000 they printed for under 1.12pr unit (and that was wrapped). So I may be able to get you a better price with our guys to help say you money.

5th: Go to any party store and open a Dirt Wheels, ATV Action, Dirt Bike, Motocross Action, Racer X or Dirt Rider magazine and I have 1 or more ads I have done in each, plus I have done promotional posters for Travis Pastrana, Cernic Suzuki, Yamaha Of Troy and a few others that I will happily e-mail to you in you would like to see my portfolio.

Wazzup Racing 12-22-2007 10:32 AM

I am going to start this off here. Louie OPA Racing will take The Gold package. On the page we will list our racing schedule, class stats, Class winners etc. If Rick would like to help me put it together, that would be great. Smitty

AugiePensa 12-22-2007 10:56 AM

I'll take a BLACK Page for The Jersey Boyz Crew!