Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   OPA/The Jersey Boyz (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/opa-jersey-boyz-193/)
-   -   Sponsorship Pricing (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/opa-jersey-boyz/182244-sponsorship-pricing.html)

C M R 03-16-2008 11:48 AM

Sponsorship Pricing

What the talk of racing sponsorships I also feel that it can be extremely valuable for businesses. With having a traveling billboard there are multiple events you could do to get to secure sponsorships. I'm looking at getting into a P-5 boat and want to start approaching prospective sponsors now to see what I can get.

The type of sponsors I'll be targeting will be the smaller companies.

My question is what are the price points you should figure, when trying to secure a sponsor?
What are some of the dollar amounts I can ask for/expect to get?

What I was thinking for when approaching a prospective sponsor is to break it up into 3 categories.

Executive Sponsor - Name of company across boat, on trailer, t-shirts, covered in all literature, ECT. ECT. ECT.

Intermediate Sponsor - Med. Sized logo of Sponsors Company on boat, covered in all literature, t-shirts

Personal Sponsor - Small company logo on boat (if available), 2 T-Shirts

This is just something I've been thinking about. Figured someone could shed a little advice from there experience.

Thanks.

David

AugiePensa 03-16-2008 06:35 PM

Hey Dave, for me...I'll take almost anything right now until I can prove that my boat will get a load of press and air time.

2 Trick Rick 03-16-2008 07:26 PM

I figured a budget for the year and used that as a starting point. Than brake the boat up into sections (or %)

Lets say you figure on spending 10k and the Executive Sponsor gets over 55% of the boats signage, shirts and poster - than I would say 5500.00 would be what I would ask, Thats the simple formula most MX/SX Teams use.

Myself, I'm asking for money to bankroll the team and not pad my pockets - not yet :D. I'm just looking for enough money to cover the Travel, Gas, Hotels and food.

Hope this helps.

C M R 03-17-2008 12:46 PM

Augie/Rick

Thanks for the feedback.

Rick- I'm thinking the same thing I'm not looking to line my pockets, I'm just going to be looking for money to cover some of the expenses$$$.

I'm going to work on it. :D

Thanks!

David

GoFastSonic 03-17-2008 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by 2 Trick Rick (Post 2486965)
I figured a budget for the year and used that as a starting point. Than brake the boat up into sections (or %)

Lets say you figure on spending 10k and the Executive Sponsor gets over 55% of the boats signage, shirts and poster - than I would say 5500.00 would be what I would ask, Thats the simple formula most MX/SX Teams use.

Myself, I'm asking for money to bankroll the team and not pad my pockets - not yet :D. I'm just looking for enough money to cover the Travel, Gas, Hotels and food.

Hope this helps.

How do I get in line for the $5500.00 guy? What I have found is one friend who cut me a deal on the purchase of the boat in exchange for his company name on it and one company that offered intercoms at cost with free install for there name placment. I thought that was not to bad with the boat still on the trailer and not having run a race yet.