Randy took his ball and went home >

Randy took his ball and went home

Notices

Randy took his ball and went home

Old 03-24-2008, 03:09 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Each side has some valid points but like I said, its Smittys call and it don’t effect me either way; I’m just happy my boats running! Bring on summer.

I just realized my "spell check" keeps trying to change Smitty - to Smutty..
Old 03-24-2008, 03:58 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

Just to give some of you a news flash. OSS has no entry fees in SVL and there is still a purse to be won. And another news flash SVL has grown from 5 boats last year to 10-12 this year. Some of you may ask why? Well its because the teams that were in SVL got on a conference call and asked each other and potential teams what they thought might help them to race in SVL. We adopted the no entry fee the same as OPA because it was a big success there and thought it would help newer teams. If thats self serving then I must be missing something again. We are also going to do a 2 by 2 start and let the new rookie teams have the poll positions. Maybe thats self serving as well.
Guys this is not about me its about helping as many teams as possible. I just happen to be in class 5 and want it to be the most attractive class to get even more teams out. I am only racing in 3 races with OPA this year so how can that be self serving?
MD
Old 03-24-2008, 04:20 PM
Racer
Racer

Hey Randy,
I did some investigating and I found out why the SVL class has grown so rapidly. The other teams want to beat your and Bruces Arse's!!!!!! nice work. Louie
Old 03-24-2008, 04:25 PM
Registered

I was not aware of no entree fee's and prise money in OSS...
But how is that fixing our sport.....charge some class's entre fee's and others none.....

Thats like the Stock class in OSS.....they got a pass to get them to come to OSS....but then 3 years later the class is down to 3 or 4 boats.....

OPA treats all class's and teams the same.....

If OPA charged a $1000 or $1500 entre fee then I could see if class 5 was bringing in $30k a race in entre fee's and another class having 3 boats to give class 5 a larger purse....but we all pay $0.....

If we take the line of thinking your on....maybe a team that only makes 2 or 3 races a year should only get paid 10% of the prise money they won for not supporting the whole season and the teams that run the whole season a higher % of the prize money.....we then can go on and on about how to pay out prise money.....

So I'm glad to see that OSS has taken OPA's approach on no entre fee's and still pay out prize money if they would have taken that approach from the beginning maybe more teams would have bought in....

Last edited by MANITIE; 03-24-2008 at 04:41 PM.
Old 03-24-2008, 05:00 PM
VIP Member

Hey guys. Thanks for all the support. I am just thankful that we have been able to bring some real good racing back to the North. In the end, it is the result of each and everyone of us. Yea we may not always agree with each other, but a lot of good has come from one guy asking a simple question. Of coarse often times it seems to be that same guy. Randy, if you win class five, the bonus to class five will be a group hug. Now go help those guys with that Activator. Smitty
Old 03-24-2008, 07:37 PM
Registered

Sorry Smitty , I'm Not Huggen Randy !!!!!!! !!!!!! !!!!!!
Thats My Final Answer.
Johnny
Old 03-24-2008, 07:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TYPHOON
Just to give some of you a news flash. OSS has no entry fees in SVL and there is still a purse to be won. And another news flash SVL has grown from 5 boats last year to 10-12 this year. Some of you may ask why? Well its because the teams that were in SVL got on a conference call and asked each other and potential teams what they thought might help them to race in SVL. We adopted the no entry fee the same as OPA because it was a big success there and thought it would help newer teams. If thats self serving then I must be missing something again. We are also going to do a 2 by 2 start and let the new rookie teams have the poll positions. Maybe thats self serving as well.
Guys this is not about me its about helping as many teams as possible. I just happen to be in class 5 and want it to be the most attractive class to get even more teams out. I am only racing in 3 races with OPA this year so how can that be self serving?
MD
I am only racing in 3 races with OPA this year so how can that be self serving?
MD

Can i guess? 1. Ocean City 2. Patchogue 3. Point Pleasant
Old 03-24-2008, 08:37 PM
Racer
Racer

Originally Posted by Bilgerat
I am only racing in 3 races with OPA this year so how can that be self serving?
MD

Can i guess? 1. Ocean City 2. Patchogue 3. Point Pleasant
LOL, Bammm! I think you guessed right! Only thing is Randy wasn't at the Awards party supporting class 5 and everyone else. I was kinda bombed but I think we passed a rule if your not at the party you can't win the mega purses!!
Old 03-25-2008, 07:10 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guy's, I remember NOT TOO LONG AGO that we at OPA paid 1000.00 a race plus for a purse of (000000-ZERO) I think that's when someone said ...For The Love Of The Sport! Baby Steps and it will all come together.
Old 03-25-2008, 08:16 AM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

Location wise they are the 3 closest races to my home! I personally love racing in Ocean City and Point Pleasant. I am looking forward to trying LI this year but if you all think thats self serving I wont go if you dont want me. Maybe some of you forgot I am still running my Merc 525 when most of the class is building 650-750 HP motors for there boats. It sounds like no one in class 5 wants any help any way and I shouldnt make any suggestions for the class. Good luck class 5 Im out of here.
Sorry about wasting all your time.
MD
PS I would gladly give up the mega purse in class 5 and opt for a tow package for all class 5 teams to show at the Gieco cup and race for trophys and a much reduced purse. That would help out all the teams not just 3. But thats self serving as well I supose!!!!!!

Last edited by TYPHOON; 03-25-2008 at 08:21 AM.

Quick Reply: Randy took his ball and went home

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.