WOW, Thats all I can say..Ocean City LEAP >

WOW, Thats all I can say..Ocean City LEAP

Notices

WOW, Thats all I can say..Ocean City LEAP

Old 08-18-2008, 06:20 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for posting some pics of the OC races. I was there and didn't see a damn thing, except at the inlet and the docks.

Can somebody involved with the event PLEASE tell the organizers how bad they really screwed up !!!! --- putting the course that far out from the shore was a joke for those that showed up to actually watch the race from land!! I've been there in years past when it was reasonably close to shore, and it was great, so it can be done.

We actually left at the start of the second race on Sunday because the view was such a joke !! -- didn't even watch the big boats race -- total waste of time!!! I won't even bother next year.........
Old 08-18-2008, 08:16 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by Hang Time 27 View Post
Thanks for posting some pics of the OC races. I was there and didn't see a damn thing, except at the inlet and the docks.

Can somebody involved with the event PLEASE tell the organizers how bad they really screwed up !!!! --- putting the course that far out from the shore was a joke for those that showed up to actually watch the race from land!! I've been there in years past when it was reasonably close to shore, and it was great, so it can be done.

We actually left at the start of the second race on Sunday because the view was such a joke !! -- didn't even watch the big boats race -- total waste of time!!! I won't even bother next year.........
The best thing to due if you like boat racing is to race....The view from the cockpit is perfect........lol......It is hard with changing conditiones and coast guard regs etc.......Try to support it any wat ya can....
Old 08-18-2008, 08:22 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hang Time 27 View Post

The Coast Guard forced it out that far. The year before when it was closer to shore, some teams actually had to go around a wind surfer! Hope to see you back next year.
Old 08-18-2008, 09:46 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Unhappy

I would agree with the boats being to far off of the beach,you had no idea what was happening and could not even hear the boats so most of the people on the beach lost interest very quickly,next year it needs to be closer to the beach.
Old 08-18-2008, 09:50 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The pic of Wazzup was the highest. I think Imax got it.
Old 08-18-2008, 10:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We got pretty high
Attached Thumbnails WOW, Thats all I can say..Ocean City LEAP-ocean-city-08-3.jpg  
Old 08-18-2008, 10:23 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by 1HYPER1 View Post
I would agree with the boats being to far off of the beach,you had no idea what was happening and could not even hear the boats so most of the people on the beach lost interest very quickly,next year it needs to be closer to the beach.
Have to have race site's that are closer to the fans. If they lose interest, it is bad for the sport and they may not come back again.
Old 08-19-2008, 10:01 AM
Registered

AB....You may see it closer next year....you have to understand...to have a close accident with a wind surfer probalby dd not sit well with the Coast Guard...but since then they have a good handle on it....things will get even better....
Old 08-19-2008, 12:34 PM
DriverofDonzi
Gold Member

I agree with Manitie completely.

Chris
Old 08-19-2008, 01:58 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ScottB View Post
We got pretty high
Yea but that is cheating Scott you are in the space shuttle LOL

Quick Reply: WOW, Thats all I can say..Ocean City LEAP

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.