Thanks for Good Memories >

Thanks for Good Memories

Notices

Thanks for Good Memories

Old 08-27-2008, 03:20 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Donna, It was great seeing you. It definately looks like your family had a great time. hope to see you soon!
Old 08-27-2008, 03:55 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kitten it was Reliable's Golf Cart, but we were in that on Sat. he lost the camera on Sunday.

I did not really want to make mention of it in this section since losing a camera on Sunday does not compare to losing a loved one. But between the second and third race my Dad lost his camera in the Geico tent. It would have been either by the tables or the area in front of the sea wall. It probably dropped from his lap when he stood up to get out of the sun. He was holding on to binoculars, his cane, and the camera. We searched everywhere and asked a lot of people, the Geico security team was helpful and have our numbers in case it shows up. We really don't care about the camera but it held a lot of photos of him with the drivers and their boats and some with me as well. I hate to say it cause it actually makes me tear up but I am not sure if we will get pictures like that again. Plus he lost it during the time I left him to go watch the second race from the pier

Dee I know you took a few pictures of us by the Geico boat, before JC's famous ride when you have a chance can you email them to me at djblain @ comcast . net thanks
Old 08-27-2008, 04:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Donna...it was a pleasure meeting you and your folks and chatting with your dad....he is very observant...I hope you all had a great time....
Old 08-30-2008, 12:53 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ms PatriYacht
As many of you know I came to the NY race so I could enjoy it with my family from Long Island, and most of all my Dad. Like Louie said in another thread the whole weekend was perfect until the last race. Even though this was my family's first race they feel the pain of those touched by the accident and extend their heartfelt sympathy. I somehow feel that as racers Phil and Kevin would love to know that the joy this sport brought to them made an 8l year old man in failing health feel like a kid again. Racers please know that what you do gave me, his daughter, a weekend of memories that will last a life time.

I want to thank every racer and crew member that made this a big event for my Dad, especially thanks to the Geico team for generously offering us a comfortable home base. Scott and Marc thank you for the patience and respect you showed my Dad, it just proved once again what gentlemen and true ambassadors to the sport you are. The same goes for Tom Abrams who not only took the time to explain the workings of his custom Peterbuilt but also let us use his Golf cart so my dad could get around. Thank you to Kitten and Glen who explained the ins and out of the racing classes, to Ann from Wahoo who kept my dad company during the second race while I was at the pier, to Jim Devlin who showed my parents the workings of the classic Comanche,The Caveman, to Jim's wife who kept my Mom company while my Dad explored the pits. Thanks to others like Dave from Cleveland Construction and Gino from Boat Responsibly that shook his hand and spoke to him for a while, to JDByrider's driver that let my Dad talk big rigs. I know he met more of you but the weekend is still a bit of a blur.

I guess his happiness to be at the race site was summed up when he kept telling everyone on Saturday that "normally I have trouble walking 10 feet but today I could walk everywhere" I know this is a sad time in the racing community but I wanted you to know that you are creating memories for many families that will last a life time, once again thank you to all of you that help make this happen. Donna
Donna, that it what makes it all worth while