Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   OPA/The Jersey Boyz (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/opa-jersey-boyz-193/)
-   -   Prayer needed for racers (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/opa-jersey-boyz/197117-prayer-needed-racers.html)

bk1425 10-15-2008 08:46 AM

My thoughts and prayers go out to all involved as well as their family.

Ted G 10-15-2008 09:24 AM

The CBPBA and the OPA have set up a fund to help out Bobby and Pat's family. The fund will be administered by three trustees- Ed "Smitty" Smith - President OPA, Andy Livermore - President CBPBA, and Jim Voege - Treasurer CBPBA. All funds will be directly passed through to Bobby and Pat's family to help them through this trying time. Many people have expressed a desire to help so this is a great way to do it. We are accepting credit cards through http://www.paypal.com . Go to the link and click on "Send Money" then folow the instructions to send money to [email protected] . In the comments section please put "Bobby and Pat Fund" . If you would like to send a check please make it out to CBPBA and in the memo section put "Bobby and Pat Fund". Send it to:

CBPBA
PO Box 1722
Pasadena, MD 21123

Thanks for your support in advance.

45sonic 10-15-2008 12:29 PM

Nice article on Pat from his home town paper

http://www.leadertelegram.com/story-...id=BI1RE6EFG1F

scandelous 10-15-2008 08:11 PM

Update:
As some of may have heard, the side band scaner and the dive team were scheduled to be on seen at 8:00 am, They did not show claiming that the DNR was unable to locate a side scan. They then were rescheduled to be on seen between 1:00 and 2:00 this afternoon, the team did not show up at that point either claiming the divers were volunteers and had full time jobs but are schedule to coordinate the efforts by 4:00 this evening. You guessed it, no show. At 4:30, I was able to get intouch with the investigator in charge towhich he contacted the comander of the DNR. After a "conversation" with him, he assurd me that a full compliment of divers and a side band sonar will be dispatched on sceen by 8:00 am Thursaday morning. I will be onsceen in the morning to be certain that this commitment is being met. I will not stand by and do nothing, while our brother is missing. There were today, 3 DNR boats and 15 to 20 friends and citizen boats on patrol from 6:30 this morning until dark. I have spoken with Bobby, he is very sore and still in the critical care unit. The doctors have performed a CT scan on Bobby, this in an effort to locate his possible internal bleeding. As of 9:00 this evening. Bobby is being rushed into surgery as I am writing this, fearing that Bobby's kidney is severed in two. Debbie, Dustin and Coddy, the best way I can put this is, is that they are numb. I have also contact the investigating officer and the Calvery County District Attorney's Office, in an effort to reclaim Bobby's boat. The hope is, that they should give me an answer on the boat by Friday of Saturday. I am trying to get an oppertunity to "pickle" the engines, and salvage the power and drive train. I keep my fingers crossed on a successfull dive in the morning. I want to take this time once again to thank everyone for their support for the familys. I have also read the threads concerning the fund raisers for both Bobby and Pat's family. The brotherhood of the OPA and CBPBA is one that can't be broken. The outpouring of emails and phone calls is phenomenal. I speak for myself and the family's, when I say, I am very proud to be associated with such an incredible, carring and tight knit extended family. Thank you again for your support. I will be back to everyone tomorrow afternoon, with an update. Joe Peary 301-904-9993.

cello 10-15-2008 09:30 PM

I have updated the web site www.reiterracing553.com . There you can find new information including the fund raiser that OPA started to aid Pat's family and Bobby B in this time of need. I have posted links on what Fox 5 News reported on Monday.
Deb, Dustin, Cody, Bobby B, familes and friends thank you all for your support.

United We Race

Marcelo (Crew Chief 553, Friend)

HighPriority 10-16-2008 03:44 AM

Marcelo thanks for the updates, our harts go out to you and all involved.

Wahoo ATV 10-16-2008 08:06 AM

I didn't realize how serious Bobby's injuries are. Best of luck in surgery.

AugiePensa 10-16-2008 08:12 AM

Hope all goes well Bobby, we're praying for ya!

Maximus 10-16-2008 11:25 AM

Ted , Joe and Mike Scandle jr. Thank you for keeping us posted on Bobby's condidtion and the search for Pat. My thoughts are with you guys and the family. Hopefully today will bring positive news on both Bobby and Pat.

Cody ,Dustin I can't express the sorrow I feel for you two boys losing your Dad at your young age. I think you know, there are many around that will help guide you through this difficult chapter in your life. When times are bleak many of us turn to Jim Black , he dosn't have the all the answers but I always feel better after speaking to him. Mike Y has his #'s if you need him.

Marc
Miss GEICO

RELIABLE ONE 10-16-2008 11:56 AM

Just praying and hoping for the for everyone...Bob

scandelousJR 10-16-2008 01:55 PM

Joes (scandelous) stepdaughter here

My borhter just left the hospital where he saw Bobby's sister, he was just taken into surgery. For some reason it was post poned at the last minute last night.

Joe and my husband Rob are headed to over to Solomons right now and then possibly to the hospital. I will up-date you when I hear from them.

Be strong Bobby!

DareDevil 10-16-2008 02:02 PM

I never meet Bobby or Pat , but i hope Bobby gets well ASAP and my prayers go to all inwolved.

RIP PAT.

Scott

scandelousJR 10-16-2008 04:03 PM

Joe and Rob are on their way to visit Bobby. Joe will up-date you all later on this evening.

RunninHotRacing163.1 10-16-2008 05:37 PM

Our thoughts and our prayers go out to all the familys involved

Donzilla 10-16-2008 06:17 PM

Too all involved we would like to extend my friends and families condolences too Pat's family I am deeply sadden by your loss,I can't imagine your pain we are praying for your family. He was a good man! I like that he was spending time with his sons doing things together those are memories never to forget. Please be well. We also hope everyone makes a full recovery. God Bless.

cello 10-16-2008 08:49 PM

The search for Pat continued today from sun up until sun down. Pat is still missing.
Please visit the web site for more information.
www.reiterracing553.com.

United We Race

mesablue 10-16-2008 11:51 PM

My prayers are with all involved. God Bless

scandelous 10-17-2008 06:55 AM

Update:

As promissed, the DNR had made it to the site Thursday morning. Unformtunatly, using the side view sonar, the original "area of interst" has moved. Remember, this is a full 36 hours later from their previous sighting. Furtrations are running high. There were 3 DNR boats, 2 coast guard auxillary boats and approximently 15 friends and citizen boats. There were no sighting of Pat. Please, do not use this thread for rummers. I am doing my best to present the facts in this unfortunate situation. Last night Bobby had surgery to insert a stent into his kidney. The fear was that he was still bleeding internally. The fact is it was not bleeding but urine was in his spline. The surgery was a success and he slowly retuning to the Bobby we all remember. Rob and I left the hospital last night at the 9:00 pm. The DNR investigator, after numerous requests, had informed me, that they may allow me the oppertunity to "pickle" the engines on the boat on Monday. I have contacted Jason Moffit (Bobby's boss at Newberg Marine and previous owner of the boat), to assit, me in this. This morning, it's colder in the low 60's and light rain. I am leaving the dock now in the continuing search for our brother. Thank you again Augie, Allen, MIke, Bill and Pattie, and the rest of the OPA and Friends, for you support.

scandelous 10-17-2008 01:13 PM

Update:

I have just gotten word from Bobby's sister that Bobby is being moved from ICU into a privet room within the next few hours. I'm sure everyone, wants to be able to talk with him, but please try and limit your calls to just a couple brief words. Hes is still very week and in a lot of pain. Thank you again Joe.

AugiePensa 10-17-2008 01:58 PM

Joey, hope ya gave Bobby the message!

Don 30Y2K 10-17-2008 05:23 PM

We are very grateful for all your updates on Bobby, Patty and the families. We read often and feel helpless. If there is anything we can do............Our thoughts and prayers are with you all.

scandelous 10-17-2008 05:48 PM

Update:

Augie, I think you scared the pee out of Bobby when I told him what you said last night. That's why they moved him to a new room this afternoon. Raining steady now, the search for our brother Pat will continue in the morning. Today, Two DNR boats for half a day, two Coast Guard auxilliary boats for half a day, 10 to 15 friends boats all day and 4 DNR patrol cars chatting all day to each other. We will never forget our brother. God Bless, the family's.

DriverofDonzi 10-17-2008 08:12 PM

Each time I read your updates and say that Pat is still missing....I feel helpless....I pray for Pat's family and friends....

Chris

scandelous 10-17-2008 08:27 PM

UPDATE:

We Found our Brother! PAT IS ON SHORE. Debbie and the boys are well. Thank all who has given so much. I can not express my feelings. I am crying as I write this. Tears of sorrow and tears of, in a way joy. I don't know what else to say. I need to finish the writing at a later time

Wazzup Racing 10-17-2008 08:46 PM

Wow, this opens up an entirely different relm of emotions. Welcome home Pat. Debbie, Dustin and Cody, be strong. His love for you will live on forever. We will all never forget his energy, brotherhood, and his love for his Boys. If I may, I would love to carry the squirel on the deck of our boat in KW, in memory of Pat. Smitty

scandelous 10-17-2008 08:57 PM

What a wonder gesture Smitty. I'm sure the squirrel would love to ride along with you in KW. I will let the family know. Thank you again.

Pop 10-17-2008 08:58 PM

Great news on the recovery may Pat finally rest in peace. Debbie, Dustin and Cody you guys are in our prayers.

That would be a great tribute Smitty.

Pop

Wazzup Racing 10-17-2008 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by scandelous (Post 2718840)
What a wonder gesture Smitty. I'm sure the squirrel would love to ride along with you in KW. I will let the family know. Thank you again.

No, Thankyou for keeping us all up to speed.

DareDevil 10-17-2008 09:21 PM

I am glad to hear that they found him.

Smitty , i did not know Pat but i think its a great idea.

scandelous 10-17-2008 09:26 PM

Smitty,

I just talked with Dustin. The Family Will Be Honored to have the squirell ride along with you. KW was Pat's dream. Thank you again for the wonderful gesture. I will bring the squirell with me when I come to KW. I will see you there.

RandS RACING 10-17-2008 10:13 PM

This is good news for his family, teammates, friends and all who having been working so hard to find him. Now Pat can rest is peace. Our condolences to his family. May our prayers bring you some peace and comfort for the days ahead.

Howard & Marie Richardson

cello 10-17-2008 10:15 PM

Friday October 17th: We Have Pat Back.

After searching all day, the Patuxent River finally gave us Pat back.

Tim Kiser, the fisherman that aided in rescuing the victims on Sunday, found Pat Reiter at around 7:30 pm about 400 yards from the original accident. A second boat consisting of , Mike Murray, Ann and Jimmy Raider and myself joined Tim shortly there after. Daren and Jimmy were the third boat there.

This puts closure to the recovery of Pat Reiter for all of us.

Please visit the web site www.reiterracing553.com for more updates

United We Race

racesdad 10-17-2008 10:26 PM

Welcome home Pat and Rest in Peace bro. I hope this gives some closure to the family. Sorry we lost such a great racer. When you get to heaven say hello to the rest of our lost brothers.
GOD SPEED

scandelous 10-17-2008 10:41 PM

I offer this link...

http://thebaynet.com/

WMF 10-17-2008 10:43 PM

R.I.P. Pat, I cant say in words what I feel!!!!!!!, I pray for your family and friends.

HighPriority 10-18-2008 06:15 AM

Rest in peace, Pat you will be deeply missed

DriverofDonzi 10-18-2008 07:51 AM

I thanked that Pat was found....Rest in peace, buddy.

Chris

axapowell 10-18-2008 08:39 AM

Rest in Peace Pat....Thought and prayers to all of the Families involved.

Dave
455 Adrenaline Rush

45sonic 10-18-2008 08:53 AM

I want to take this opportunity to say a huge THANK YOU to all involved and for everyone's support

R.I.P Pat

cello 10-18-2008 09:18 AM

Deb and families really appreciates all the supporting comments, thoughts and wishes you have all posted here. This makes her realize how many lives Pat has touched and influenced and also comes to realize how tight the boating family actually is.
I will keep the web site updated http://www.reiterracing553.com regarding funeral arrangements and other updates.

Marcelo (Crew Chief 553, Friend).