Notices

3 years are up

Old 11-30-2008, 08:14 PM
Registered

Received 159 Likes on 60 Posts

And I thought those were some new style restrooms without sighns! Sorry about the mess guy's.
MD
Old 11-30-2008, 08:18 PM
Registered

I also like the idea of voted class reps. Just beacause you won last years high points does not make you a guy that teams can talk to.
MD
Old 11-30-2008, 08:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default funny how???

Originally Posted by TYPHOON View Post
And I thought those were some new style restrooms without sighns! Sorry about the mess guy's.
MD
md, stop out to patchague next year and i'm sure they'de like to take you for a spin!
Old 11-30-2008, 08:49 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Towsontown Auto View Post
Mark, I respect your input and knowledge on this topic. A v-lite class would be the ticket and if there was a real class and tech for one in OPA we would have one tomorrow!!! Unfortunately unless you can travel all over with OSS it would leave you nowhere to race. I love spec class but with F-1 gone that leaves too many great under 30ft singles ridding around at 75mph !!! Don't you think 5 more mph would make the teams play into the race more and less imput on the acceleration to the first turn
Al,
Thanks;and I respect your opinions on this topic as well.My suggestion was to maybe add another BRACKET CLASS for single engine vee bottoms canopied or open cockpit up to 80mph or 85mph and a maximum length of 32ft.I think we all miss the F1 concept...but how do we get back to that at this point?I hope all is well;and I look forward to racing with you guys next year.
Old 11-30-2008, 08:51 PM
Registered

Talking

I also like the idea of voted class reps. Just beacause you won last years high points does not make you a guy that teams can talk to.
MD
You got my vote for OPA Class 5 rep.
Old 12-01-2008, 08:03 AM
VIP Member

There has been some talk of running the 525 twin v's in a spec format. My only concern here is it will leave a big hole in class 2. Maybe it is worth looking at moving class 3 up and creating a class for the single V's that want spec racing, Class 3 could be called class 2 with the same speed bracket of 95. Class 3 would then be Spec single V.
Food for thought.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:04 AM
Registered

Just a tought....by starting to look at ways to make class 4 a single and twin class....we are just deluting the class's again and going back to make class's that fit a few boats vice equip your boats to fit the class's...

Class 4 is one of the biggest class's both in OPA and SBI/APBA.....by splitting it up to single and twins you are now going to have 2 or 3 boats in one and 3 or 4 boats in another...

We raced againts a single engine Activator in Class 3 that was always up front....

and Team Actane came out this year in a single engine and did good along with LaveyCraft in Class 4....

Last edited by MANITIE; 12-01-2008 at 09:15 AM.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:13 AM
Registered

CLASS 4

401-Simmons Racing

411-Team Octane

413-The Jersey Boyz

417-Team Purrrfect

420-Dirty Pearl

433-Konrad

446-Reinforcer

451-Bounty Hunter

455-Adrenaline Rush

457-Vicious Racing

477-AMF/Laveycraft

These are the teams that ran Class 4 this year...but they avg. 6 to 7 boats a race...a lot of these boats did not run the whole season...now split up the twins to singles and what do you think the avg will drop to....

Last edited by MANITIE; 12-01-2008 at 09:16 AM.
Old 12-01-2008, 04:13 PM
Registered

The question is will it grow not drop? Maybe there are teams that dont show based on they dont feel competitive against twins? I agree that if you only split the class then it makes no sence.
MD
Old 12-01-2008, 04:59 PM
Registered

The question is will it grow not drop? Maybe there are teams that dont show based on they dont feel competitive against twins? I agree that if you only split the class then it makes no sence.
MD
True....if it brings out more boats that would be great...but from looking in the past...Class 4 racing has been great like Class 5 has been with big boat counts....with the current economy and looking at how many racers have been attending that would delute the big boat count in class 4 by doing that you may also find yourself taking boats out of Class 5 and having them beef up the HP and move up to Class 4 single....I would think with single engine boats winning and being compeditive like Laveycraft and Team Actane it shows that single engine boats can be compeditive maybe not in the ruff...but some of these small single engine boats can out turn some of the bigger...I think thats one of the great things about OPA...half the races are calm water and the other ruff....if makes it fair for all types of boats....

The next thing to ask is...how many single engine Class 4 boats raced the entire 2008 season...and could they have won the High Points Championship if they made all the races....like Laveycraft and Team Actane

Last edited by MANITIE; 12-01-2008 at 05:05 PM.

Quick Reply: 3 years are up

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.