Orange Beach Worlds Are On!!!!!! >

Orange Beach Worlds Are On!!!!!!

Notices

Old 08-13-2010, 02:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sometimes things just work out for the best. You’ll recall when we had to cancel the race in Orange Beach due to their crumbling economy, lack of sponsorship funds and potential devastation to their beaches. From there we called our friends in Lake of the Ozarks to see if they could pull off a World Class event in October. We worked with the folks in LOTO but as of a few days ago, we received notice that they would not be able to pull together the funding needed for our World Championship event this October. Hours later the phone rang with a very excited race producer in Orange Beach saying that they found the money and wanted to put the event back on the schedule. In fact, they NEEDED to put Orange Beach back on the OPA schedule.

It turns out that BP has given two million dollars to the State of Alabama for them to bring in events that will help the Gulf Coast to recuperate economically from the worst environmental disaster in known history. Thunder on the Gulf is slated to receive a portion of these funds, enough to put on a World Championship Race with two days of racing in front of a very appreciative crowd, hungry to see Offshore Racing return to the Gulf Shores. ----- PRIZE PURSE IS $50,000!!!!

Orange Beach has done a lot for offshore racing over the years and now it’s our turn to repay the favor by making this the biggest event of 2010. In order to facilitate this, OPA has pledged to offer NO COST RACING to all teams registered with any organization during the 2010 season. None registered teams will pay a nominal fee. No registration fees and no race entry fees. Just come and race.

Orange Beach will also be rolling out the red carpet for our teams by offering discounted hotel and condo rentals to help you keep costs down. More details to follow.

Here’s the schedule.
Wed – Teams arrive – First meeting
Thursday – Practice on the race course – party at night.
Friday – Race 1 – BIG Party at night
Saturday – Practice on the race course and Golf Tournament – Free day
Sunday – Race 2 – Big Party along with awards

By racing on Friday and Sunday we hope to draw in families that will stay in town for all three days.

At this time, we need to put the call out for volunteers. On the water and off the water. If you’re interested in becoming a patrol or turn boat, please email [email protected].

So mark your calendars for the week of October 12-17 and make plans to be in Orange Beach for the 2010 OPA World Championship Races.
Old 08-13-2010, 02:28 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Here's the coverage Thunder on the Gulf recieved from the local TV station

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/loca...rns-in-october

You guys are going to Love Orange Beach!!!
Old 08-13-2010, 04:02 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet
Old 08-13-2010, 04:05 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

Make up your mind lol Very cool guys, we should be there
Old 08-13-2010, 09:12 PM
DriverofDonzi
Gold Member

My mouth just dropped to the floor!!! That is so great! I am so happy about this event! Now, Teams.....get your things ready and move it!!! You dont wanna to miss it! Good luck to all teams!

Chris
Old 08-13-2010, 10:09 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 144 Likes on 84 Posts

Fantastic!

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
Old 08-13-2010, 11:03 PM
Registered

Default Thunder in the Gulf

We are all excited about the return of offshore racing to Orange Beach.I'd even be more excited if someone like Tom Abrams or Paul Beaudreaux would loan Billy Moore and I a supercat to race.We'll take real good care of it I promise. Since that probably wont happen we are going to work our asses off to put on a great race that evey one has a blast at.October should bring weather in the low 80s and some nice 2-4 footers .This oil spill has devastated our economy and our morale and everyone is super excited about the Thunder returning.
We are also puting on a big Poker Run on Saturday so bring your boats with you.I hope all the racers will support Orange Beach in its time of need as it has supported the sport for the last seven years.We will be posting more detailed information shortly and again I am asking teams from all circuits to race with us.
Thanks, Gary Nichols Founder Thunder on the Gulf
Old 08-13-2010, 11:29 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Too late for me, already made other plans
Old 08-14-2010, 01:51 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Brought the Warlock out of retirement in Sarasota this year, there might just be a chance we could make it to run with all you P5 guys again! Its been way too long since we have seen you all!
Old 08-14-2010, 11:48 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 2FastWarlock
Brought the Warlock out of retirement in Sarasota this year, there might just be a chance we could make it to run with all you P5 guys again! Its been way too long since we have seen you all!
Hope you bring the Warlock to run Class 5....
We should have a big turnout....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.