Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   OPA/The Jersey Boyz (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/opa-jersey-boyz-193/)
-   -   Class 3 for 2011 (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/opa-jersey-boyz/243316-class-3-2011-a.html)

purnell 11-30-2010 04:48 PM

Class 3 for 2011

Anyone going to run in this class next year

gary cook 11-30-2010 08:52 PM

p-f-e racing will but we need a big head start:bsflag:

purnell 12-01-2010 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by gary cook (Post 3264166)
p-f-e racing will but we need a big head start:bsflag:

that would be great, there's the unleashed boat, it would b nice to run against that. no seriously tryin to decide to do work on the boat for class 3 but, to run against big power like last year isn't worth it. so i will give it another month to see who will b runnin or we r going to slow the boat down for class 4.

2 Trick Rick 12-01-2010 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by purnell (Post 3264269)
that would be great, there's the unleashed boat, it would b nice to run against that. no seriously tryin to decide to do work on the boat for class 3 but, to run against big power like last year isn't worth it. so i will give it another month to see who will b runnin or we r going to slow the boat down for class 4.

TKO and Bull On The Beach are two FAST boats that should be racing class 2 (if it still existed) but it is what it is now.

for 2011 I cant see any O/B cats wanting to race class 3 against these big block (big power) boats. I know I can run 94/93mph with my cat (or close to it), but these boats would absolutely destroy me off the start and out of the turns.

heater63 12-01-2010 07:43 AM

I think you will get bashed if you run that boat in class 4 Bill.Why dont you just sell it to me?

Wahoo ATV 12-01-2010 08:43 AM

Speed it up a little and run SV. You probably only need a couple MPH.

F1-00 Racing 12-01-2010 09:43 AM

In Key West National Guard, Absolutely Not, and Time Bandit all ran in P3 and they all proved they were faster than us little Class 4 boats.... All of those boats run OPA at some point so with them Volunteering to move up and them showing they could run in a 95 mph class they should stay up there:party-smiley-004:

whiplash22 12-01-2010 10:46 AM

Class 3

TKO plans on running OPA next year, so I assume it will be class 3 unless they make changes and do a class 2 again (don't think so). Throw a couple of whipples on top of your 525's, that should make that thing fly. Then we will be scratching our heads trying to catch you.
You have a beautiful boat and you guys are fun to be around, so I hope you get it figured out and come out to play.

Charlie, TKO

F1-00 Racing 12-01-2010 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by F1-00 Racing (Post 3264424)
In Key West National Guard, Absolutely Not, and Time Bandit all ran in P3 and they all proved they were faster than us little Class 4 boats.... All of those boats run OPA at some point so with them Volunteering to move up and them showing they could run in a 95 mph class they should stay up there:party-smiley-004:

Now before panties get in a whad, there is a moral to my comment above. "Becareful what you wish for" I reference you guys to a thread in the SBI section named "P4 in Key West"

For whatever reason they re-opened P3 in KW, but you guys proved that you could run it, now the consequences will rear its ugly head, you lifted your skirts, now you have to back peddle to get back in the class you belong in. I did it in the beak and its basically parked and useless as a race boat now(in my posession) for as long as I own it I will forced to move up and run in Class 4 with it and get hammered 8 out of 10 times. When someone buys it then hopefully the associations would permit it to run in the class that it belongs in (5).

I have a great deal of respect for all three teams and only wish you the best and hopefully you will realize to stay off the boards with your whines & complaints and be more diplomatic about it, I had to learn the hard way.......

BRUCE SEROFF 12-01-2010 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by purnell (Post 3264269)

dont even think about class 4. It aint gonna happen!