Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   OPA/The Jersey Boyz (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/opa-jersey-boyz-193/)
-   -   Hopefully false (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/opa-jersey-boyz/250105-hopefully-false.html)

frankenstein 03-25-2011 10:22 PM

Hopefully false

A friend of mine who lives in Patchogue told me the "Battle On The Bay" has been canceled due to a scheduling conflict with the Fire Dept. Please tell me this isn't true. My buddy tells me that this is the big talk all around town in Patchogue. Anyone know anything about this ? Please clarify.

AugiePensa 03-26-2011 08:03 AM

I'll call Louie The Rigger and let him handle the response to your question.

quicklt1 03-26-2011 09:02 AM

lots of water on L.I. move it to freeport and run in the ocean off jones beach..

Karaokemike 03-26-2011 09:12 AM

I talked to Louie at legnth a few days ago. While I will not answer the question at hand, I can say that he is working very hard on the event. Do not loose faith yet!!!!

frankenstein 03-26-2011 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by Karaokemike (Post 3360117)
I talked to Louie at legnth a few days ago. While I will not answer the question at hand, I can say that he is working very hard on the event. Do not loose faith yet!!!!

thanks for the feedback. I'll keep my fingers crossed

louietherigger 03-27-2011 08:29 PM

Hey Guys, I've got 3 meetings this week, the "Battle on the Bay"
(dates booked over a year ago) is a go,it just ain't happening in Patchogue. Dates were all set, permits were all in and yes the new Fire Chief failed to notice a conflict in the dates with the New York State F.D. tournament (date booked over a year ago) in Central Islip which is a stones through away from Patchogue and all our assets have been taken. As you can imagine not to many people are happy with this screw up, there is speculation it was intentional, at this point it doesn't matter. We are going to button up the new site by Wednesday and announce the new site post haste. However the new dates will be the following weekend of August 26th,27th and 28th. I would like to thank the Village of Patchogue for hosting the race for the past 4 years and know they are as upset as we are.
Well enough crying, those of you who know me and our committee can only imagine what we have in store for this year!!!! Hang on tight, and stay tuned!! Louie

Wahoo ATV 03-28-2011 08:16 AM

Good luck Louie. I know you work your azz off on that race and I'm sorry to hear of the extra stress this is causing.

DareDevil 03-28-2011 09:57 AM

same dates as morehead city NC P1 race..maybe u should just do a joint event there...its in the middle of the states and would maybe bring some teams from the south and north together for fun racing !?

louietherigger 03-28-2011 04:52 PM

Thanks Dean, Hi Quick lt1 I tried Freeport 4 years ago and they said they don't need a race there its always crowded on the Mile with bikes cars and boats. My Grandfather was buddies with Guy Lombardo and I got to see a lot of cool boats back then. The 2 sites we are narrowed down to are both awesome and really would love to host the race. 2 more days and we will announce the site we pick.
Thanks Louie

TeamSaris 03-28-2011 06:19 PM

I doubt theres a lot we can do, But we went through the same thing up here with our "race"...and its on a much smaller scale, so if theres anything we can do...please let us know Louie.

Johnny and Jason