Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > OPA/The Jersey Boyz
I would like to thank the Altamont Police dept. >

I would like to thank the Altamont Police dept.

Notices

I would like to thank the Altamont Police dept.

Old 08-30-2011, 04:09 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I would like to thank the Altamont Police dept.

I would like to thank the Altamont Police dept. for all the help they provided Sunday night approx 1:00am.

While towing back from LOTO approx 12:30/1am I just could not keep my eyes open any longer so I asked our engine builder to drive for a little while. We pulled off I-70 some place just outside of St. Louis in IL. to fill up and swap drivers. Both Gas stations were closed so we figured we will just do a quick driver swap and move on.

While walking back around the rig I seen our rear bumper was broken.. yes BROKEN. It was held on by only 1 weld. The trailer hitch was welded to the bumper and the frame. The frame welds broke placing ALL THE WEIGHT on the bumper folding the bumper "oil canning it" with only 4 inch welds holding it on. Keep in mind the step bumper was bent down just 6 inchs above the ground.

While "Muther****ing" the previous welder Office Sean Aaron of the Altamont police dept pulled in to see what this rig was doing. After we informed him of our predicament he got on his cell phone and started calling local welders in this 2500 person town. Now keep in mind this is Sunday night (Monday morning) 12:30/1:00am. After a couple calls he was able to wake a local welder that said he would be happy to come out at 7:00am and fix the trailer up. So we figured we would bunk in for the night.

We hoped the guy would show up early and to make our stop as painless as possible we started bending the bumper back into place with a bottle jack, hammer and large 4x4 we found next to the gas station.. after 15/20min it looked perfect with only welds needed. So we made our beds and got ready for some sleep.

Well just a few minutes later Officer Aaron can back saying he found a welder inside a pole barn not to far down the road if we would like to use it. Gary being a welder was more than OK with that.

Well we loaded up and left the boat at the station.. a few miles down the road we pulled up at a pole/storage barn owned by the Fire Chief Jon Becker who already had everything out and set up.

The bumper was far worse than we thought under good light so it took Gary a couple hours to weld her back together. We felt bad it was taking to long but Jon and Sean never complained or looked upset we were keeping them from there sleep.

Once finished we offered Jon some money for power used, rods used and for crawling out of bed to help a couple strangers that he did not know, but he refused and saying KARMA will pay him back some day. Officer Aaron being on duty would not (nor could he) accept money so we gave them both PFE Shirts, Posters, Stickers and any other swag we could find.

I cant thank Officer Sean A. Aaron and Fire Chief Jon Becker enough for all you did. You both went so far above and beyond the call of duty to help a few strangers get back on the road. Thanks Guys, you did your town and profession proud.

http://www.altamontil.net/

Old 08-30-2011, 04:32 PM
Registered

All I can say is WOW.....

From all the latest things I have seen on the news, read in the paper and seen on the internet etc.....I was losing faith in human nature, this story proves all is not lost, KUDOS to small town USA.............
Old 08-30-2011, 04:42 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

God bless em!

Old 08-30-2011, 06:05 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

SmallVille USA rules!
Old 08-30-2011, 06:08 PM

Wow!!! Awesome people and I'm glad Team PFE was taken care of by them!!!

Officer Aaron will be back on duty this Saturday, and I plan on sending him and Fire Chief Becker Jersey Outlaw Shirts!! Those guys did what Public Servants are supposed to do, and that makes me proud!! They deserve some OPA Respect and The Outlaw Crew is gonna send it!!

Glad you PFE guys are good and hope to see you all again soon!!!

Steve Adams
Old 08-30-2011, 06:46 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice
Old 08-30-2011, 08:29 PM
Registered

Received 317 Likes on 174 Posts

Great story and GREAT people!
Old 08-30-2011, 09:13 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I can tell you that i have went to my shop in the middle of the night to help someone i did not know and i hoped that someday the same would come back to me this a testtament that there are still good people out there and we were lucky we found them or they found us at 1 am in the morning .
Karma does come around when you need it.
This does restore my faith in human kindness and on our way to loto next year i think we may have to make a pit stop in a small town were the people we got to know want nothing but a hand shake and some good BS talk.
Thanks gary p-f-e racing
Old 08-31-2011, 10:48 AM
Registered

Great story. Living in a small town has its own special brand of citizens the PFE boys found one of the best.
Old 08-31-2011, 12:03 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.