Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   OPA/The Jersey Boyz (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/opa-jersey-boyz-193/)
-   -   Make Money racing in Orange Beach (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/opa-jersey-boyz/263015-make-money-racing-orange-beach.html)

Ron P 09-26-2011 06:13 PM

Make Money racing in Orange Beach

The AMSOIL Offshore Racing Series - OPA - World Championship Races will be in held in Orange Beach, AL on October 5-9. We are racing on Friday and Sunday.

Since this is the final race of the 2011 Season, NO FEES WILL BE COLLECTED FROM ANY BOAT THAT WANTS TO ENTER THIS RACE. We are hoping to have some of the POPRA Teams from the West Coast join us as well as some of the teams located in the south.

Every boat that takes the green flag will receive $1000 to help offset the cost of attending this world class event. Additionally, the winning boat in each class will receive additional money - the amount depends on how many boats attend.

See www.thunderonthegulf.com for all of the details.

See ya there!

Pwrbt33 09-26-2011 06:40 PM

I think this is a great idea to boost attendence. But I do have a question......If these teams show up and race are they eligable for any moneys???? Kinda crazy if they dont pay to race that they get a first place purse if they win when we had to pay to race in May.

Also do they get any moneys to show up and take a green flag or is this only limited to OPA teams who have payed to race and show???

Just asking. Thanks.

Julie22 09-27-2011 08:14 AM

will Orange Beach by available to watch by internet?

Ron P 09-27-2011 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by Julie22 (Post 3513293)
will Orange Beach by available to watch by internet?

Not planning on it Julie.

heater63 09-27-2011 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by Pwrbt33 (Post 3512820)
I think this is a great idea to boost attendence. But I do have a question......If these teams show up and race are they eligable for any moneys???? Kinda crazy if they dont pay to race that they get a first place purse if they win when we had to pay to race in May.

Also do they get any moneys to show up and take a green flag or is this only limited to OPA teams who have payed to race and show???

Just asking. Thanks.

try going to another orgs. worlds and see what that cost!!!!!!

Pwrbt33 09-27-2011 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by heater63 (Post 3513553)
try going to another orgs. worlds and see what that cost!!!!!!

Im asking because I dont know! Not trying to be a smart ass!

Wahoo ATV 09-27-2011 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by Pwrbt33 (Post 3513666)
Im asking because I dont know! Not trying to be a smart ass!

I would say yes to each of your questions since Orange Beach is paying to have as many boats there as possible. Boat count and a good show for the fans is more important than precieved fairness.

2 Trick Rick 09-27-2011 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by Pwrbt33 (Post 3512820)

Just asking. Thanks.

I look at it as we paid to race the OPA National Series. The OPA Worlds is a nice little bonus at the end of a hard year.

Ron P 09-27-2011 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by 2 Trick Rick (Post 3513712)
I look at it as we paid to race the OPA National Series. The OPA Worlds is a nice little bonus at the end of a hard year.

That's the right way to look at it. This is really a stand alone - Winner take all event.

No Fees for anyone - Bring your boat and lets have some great racing in one of the best venues in the United States.

Pwrbt33 09-27-2011 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by 2 Trick Rick (Post 3513712)

Cool! Thanks