Dock blood r.i.p. Joe farrar >

Dock blood r.i.p. Joe farrar

Notices

Dock blood r.i.p. Joe farrar

Old 07-26-2013, 09:30 AM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[ATTACH=CONFIG]505071[/ATTACH]Rest in Peace Joey.

Now I'm glad I got him on film for a few seconds. http://vimeo.com/15161120
Attached Thumbnails Dock blood r.i.p. Joe farrar-img_3977.jpg  
Old 07-26-2013, 11:02 AM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Godspeed Joey !

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 07-26-2013, 11:45 AM
Registered

Epic Racer && Team. Always loved watching that 30' Tempest Superboat run; You will be surely missed. Sincere condolences.
S-23
Old 07-26-2013, 08:16 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts
Default RIP Joe Farrar

Let's all hold up a drink tonight and make this simple toast to a good guy, 'And the day looms dark with the loss of a friend; to Joe.'

Driver - High's Fuel Your Journey Cigarette Racing Team #598
Old 07-27-2013, 12:39 AM
Registered

You always heard him before you saw him, one of a kind!!! RIP Joey, Godspeed...

Last edited by imax; 07-27-2013 at 12:52 AM.
Old 07-27-2013, 03:03 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by imax
You always heard him before you saw him, one of a kind!!! RIP Joey, Godspeed...
You absolutely nailed it. Without a doubt.
Old 07-27-2013, 09:15 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Funeral Service for Joey Farrar will be held on Monday, July 29th, at Overton Funeral Home, 172 Main Street, Islip, NY 11751. Hours are 2pm-4:30pm and 7pm-9pm.

Church Service is will be held on Tuesday, July 30th at St Mary's, 20 Harrison Ave East Islip, NY 11730 at 9:45am
Old 07-27-2013, 09:21 AM
Registered

Default Joey Dock Blood

For those of you who may be interested Joey will be at Overtons funeral home in Islip on Monday only. At some time in the future their will be some sort of memorandum/service in Kismet Fire Island where Joe spent a lot of his time, a lot of his childhood, teenage and young life. He obviously kind of grew up their. I can still hear him saying, after a few Bacardi and cokes that when he grows up, he wants to be just like himself. He was larger than life, grew up on the water and certainly got the bug big time of boat racing. Kismet would be a great place for a lot of you guys to come out to as it's accessible really only by boat or ferry. You can walk it but you wouldn't want to. Back in the day we'd get him to barefoot water ski in the most absurd conditions at Kismet. If it was impossible, just tempt joey, he'll do it. He knew the South Shore waters of Long Island like no one else, and if their wasn't a channel. and the sand bar wasn't too big, well then hold the hell on because you were going over it. EVERYONE around him knew him, if not before, certainly by the time he left. We met every year in Key West, he loved that place. he's send me texts teasing me from sunset pier of pictures eating Stone Crab claws, we ate them by the dozens. He worked hard and partied even harder. Joey, everyone at Accurate Marine is going to miss you a lot, hell, half of Long Island, and apparently New Jersey is going to miss you. I sure hope theirs a bigger better plan somewhere somehow cause this isn't fair. Love ya bud
Old 07-27-2013, 06:38 PM
Registered

Patchogue races a few years ago.......Joey sees my son wearing a superboat shirt and my son is fascinated with the tires on his trailer for dockblood.....he immediately decides my son is part of his team and puts him in the boat so my kid can play around ,my son is sitting on the bolster and trying to grab the throttles , someone says..'try and keep him from pushing the throttles' and then you hear with this loud booming voice......' The kid can touch the throttles.....he is a superboat kid'......didn't know Joey but my one interaction was a good one, rip joe
Old 07-28-2013, 08:15 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

Too sad...Joey was one of the coolest guys our sport has ever seen. RIP my friend

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.