From Don Langenheim/Maine "E" AXE to ALL OPA >

From Don Langenheim/Maine "E" AXE to ALL OPA

Notices

From Don Langenheim/Maine "E" AXE to ALL OPA

Old 10-26-2014, 11:39 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default From Don Langenheim/Maine "E" AXE to ALL OPA

To all the members, racers and support folks at all the races, in particular the race earlier this month in the Solomon's.

I'll be the first to say what has likely been said by many and rightfully so...I was racing beyond my experience level. Competitive juices started to flow and well, inexperience and poor judgment showed through.

I would like to take this time to assure all of you, from Emergency Staff to Racers, to Management, Volunteers, Team Members and every other person participating in any capacity...heck even the spectators. My apologies for putting any one of you in any unnecessary danger. I have realized it is a very, very serious sport not to be taken lightly. I have realized that there is a tremendous amount of skill required to not only be fast but to be safe as well. I would like my fellow racers to trust me. I've had a little time to think about the series of events that lead up to my mistake. My mistake.

I would simply like to say that you all have my promise that I will work to stay within my experience and skill boundaries as hopefully I have a few more years to learn from all of you.

Your a fantastic group of people. I was overwhelmed at all your generosity and concern. I am fine...humbled, but fine. my boat WILL race again next year for a full year, good lord willing.

I do plan on winning a race or two in the next few years just maybe not the next race.

Thanks again to you all. you have a friend and fan up here in Maine.

Have a great off season, see you in the Spring.

Don Langenheim...if anyone would like to contact me with advise or observations...tell me I'm an idiot...what ever please don't hesitate. 207-752-6635 [email protected]
Old 10-26-2014, 12:05 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dude,
We are all idiots! See you in 2015.

Rich
Old 10-26-2014, 01:46 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

Unfortunately that's how you learn. You are smart enough to realize it looks easier than it is. I don't know of a single racer that wouldn't help you with any questions you have on how to make your boat win. Now the question is who do you ask for good info LOL. Welcome to the most dysfunctional group of people you will ever meet.
Old 10-26-2014, 05:11 PM
Registered

Haha...rich said it best, none of us are quite right...glad no one was hurt..see ya next year!!
Old 10-27-2014, 09:54 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Don, my Father told Smitty and I we were BOTH idiots (A$$HOLES) bach in 2002 (The First Time he met Smitty) so WELCOME to The Family! You will be getting The OPA/JERSEY BOYZ SWIM TEAM LOGO and you will display it proudly!!! Now, most know I own four moving companies and a rigging company which I use cranes to rig the wildest stuff...your boat being one of them with the help of Papa Dukes and all the crazies from Brick, NJ, just glad you guy's are OK. Now, get ready for the 2015 Season Brother.
Old 10-27-2014, 04:49 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Dads Nuggets
To all the members, racers and support folks at all the races, in particular the race earlier this month in the Solomon's.

I'll be the first to say what has likely been said by many and rightfully so...I was racing beyond my experience level. Competitive juices started to flow and well, inexperience and poor judgment showed through.

I would like to take this time to assure all of you, from Emergency Staff to Racers, to Management, Volunteers, Team Members and every other person participating in any capacity...heck even the spectators. My apologies for putting any one of you in any unnecessary danger. I have realized it is a very, very serious sport not to be taken lightly. I have realized that there is a tremendous amount of skill required to not only be fast but to be safe as well. I would like my fellow racers to trust me. I've had a little time to think about the series of events that lead up to my mistake. My mistake.

I would simply like to say that you all have my promise that I will work to stay within my experience and skill boundaries as hopefully I have a few more years to learn from all of you.

Your a fantastic group of people. I was overwhelmed at all your generosity and concern. I am fine...humbled, but fine. my boat WILL race again next year for a full year, good lord willing.

I do plan on winning a race or two in the next few years just maybe not the next race.

Thanks again to you all. you have a friend and fan up here in Maine.

Have a great off season, see you in the Spring.

Don Langenheim...if anyone would like to contact me with advise or observations...tell me I'm an idiot...what ever please don't hesitate. 207-752-6635 [email protected]
Don,
You are being too hard on yourself; with 9 boats in our class all bunched togther plus the wakes of the Class 4 and Class 6 boats to deal with; the conditions were pretty crazy. The shallow vee single outboard boats are a handfull to turn in the troughs that were at every turn that day.We almost hooked a few times too.Sorry about the damage to your boat; but the most important thing is that you and Mike are ok. It was great to see the other race teams work together to help get your boat back on the trailer and to flush the engine out. The 750 Maine-E-AXE team is an asset to OPA. Please call if you need help with anything. Looking forward to some deck to deck racing with you in 2015.

717 AQUAHOLIC
Old 10-27-2014, 07:50 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Hey Don, thanks for giving us something to do in race com. I will pass along your thanks to the guys that pulled you from the water and towed your boat over to the crane. We all volunteer to make sure you guys are as safe as possible out there and when something like this happens and mainly egos are bruised, it's a good thing. Good luck in 2015!
Old 11-01-2014, 02:48 PM
bwd
Registered

Being in a class 4 boat we had the best seats in the house to watch most of the class 7 boats. You guys had a great race goin on. At one point we were tryin to thread through 4-6 of ya in a tight battle. Sorry if a couple got a little wet when we had to get through. Goin through the dog leg after a left turn throws a bit of mayhem into it. Glad you are ok Don, from a fellow New Englander.

411 Perdition
Old 11-04-2014, 03:43 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just glad you were alright... see ya in 2015!
Old 11-04-2014, 08:39 PM
Registered

Thanks everyone! Augie, I got your phone message but being a replacement phone and not the newest phone I accidently erased your number or I would have called back. Appreciate the follow up. My right leg is almost back to normal from just a deep bruise type deal. Boat re- re-build is underway. Getting cold up here in MAINE "E" AXE land so I'll get everything I can completed and hopefully get it down to Brick NJ to the Whoa Moma/Molson Muscle crew who have so kindly taken me and my motor under their wings and are helping me get things back together. Next season can't come soon enough. I'll see everyone at the awards banquet in February!
Peace to my OPA Family!
Don
Originally Posted by AugiePensa
Don, my Father told Smitty and I we were BOTH idiots (A$$HOLES) bach in 2002 (The First Time he met Smitty) so WELCOME to The Family! You will be getting The OPA/JERSEY BOYZ SWIM TEAM LOGO and you will display it proudly!!! Now, most know I own four moving companies and a rigging company which I use cranes to rig the wildest stuff...your boat being one of them with the help of Papa Dukes and all the crazies from Brick, NJ, just glad you guy's are OK. Now, get ready for the 2015 Season Brother.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.