Notices

Offshore Racing comes to Maryland in Sept

Old 08-07-2003, 07:17 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Offshore Racing comes to Maryland in Sept

The Chesapeake Challenge is back!

The Chesapeake Bay Power Boat Association, and the Offshore Performance Association are proud to announce the return of offshore racing to the Chesapeake. The OPA Series will conclude the season here in Cambridge, Maryland on September 27th and 28th. Details, including the racers package and a full schedule of events are being prepared and will be posted shortly.

Volunteers
The CBPBA will be providing both land and sea support for this event, which will be headquartered at the Hyatt Regency in Cambridge. The CBPBA will be asking our dues paying members to volunteer. Volunteers will be used for sweep patrols, turn boats, photo and press boats among other duties to be determined. Race volunteers may be asked to attend the next General Membership Meeting to cover particulars, so leave September 2nd open, just in case we need an internal meeting before the race weekend. There are a limited amount of spots available, so contact Bill Bevard to sign up. His number is in the CBPBA Membership Directory.

Please be patient while the Race Committee finalizes the details and logistics. We wanted to put this post up to allow members some time to plan for the weekend.

Keep an eye on the message board at www.cbpba.com for more details.
Old 08-07-2003, 07:27 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great News for both the OPA and cbpba

Mike
Old 08-07-2003, 08:31 PM
rapidcapt

It's great that we here in Md. will see some good racing again. It's just too bad that the CBPBA will be in charge. They were the primary that APBA didn't come back to Baltimore.

Old 08-07-2003, 08:33 PM
rapidcapt

Sorry about the missed word. What I ment to say is that the CBPBA was the primary reason why we lost the APBA races in Baltimore.

Old 08-07-2003, 09:51 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Hmmm, obviously you were there when all the decisions were being made about the Baltimore race. And you were where during the races??? And worked as a volunteer doing what for 10 years of racing??

And which other organization did you have in mind to put on an offshore race in the upper Chesapeake??

Never mind, I don't care, there is always someone with an axe to grind. Probably didn't like the beer prices

This is gonna be a great finale to the OPA season. There will be a healthy purse, great venue, fast course and a fantastic land-based spectator area.

The CBPBA invites everyone to come on down for some great racing, and a fantastic weekend.

All the details will be forthcoming at www.cbpba.com come on over and stay tuned, we are ready to race.....

And in deference to our host city- It is called the Cambridge Offshore Powerboat Challenge.

Last edited by Ted G; 08-07-2003 at 10:26 PM.
Old 08-07-2003, 10:14 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All I can say is that without CBPBA getting involved, this race would not happen.

Some people know how to step up to the plate. Others only know how to watch and criticize.

Ted, you and CBPBA hit this one out of the park.
Old 08-07-2003, 10:43 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

You are too kind sir

I did check his profile to make sure he wasn't a board member when we nixed the Baltimore race

For anyone that would like a crash course on having a national race, feel free to email or PM me. My hat is off to all of the people involved in all the national events across the country. It is truly a feat.
Old 08-08-2003, 07:03 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Ted

A BIG Thank you to you and cbpba.

MIike
Old 08-08-2003, 07:51 AM
Registered

Thumbs up Thanks Ted!

..sounds like a great weekend!!

Looking forward to it.....
Old 08-08-2003, 09:51 AM
Registered

Go for it CBPBA I'll be there with any help I can muster!!!! For those that have a complaint about it sorry, guess we won't see you there. But don't spoil it for the rest of us.

Quick Reply: Offshore Racing comes to Maryland in Sept

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.