Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   OPA/The Jersey Boyz (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/opa-jersey-boyz-193/)
-   -   OPA Northeast 2004 race dates (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/opa-jersey-boyz/66137-opa-northeast-2004-race-dates.html)

Ron P 12-12-2003 10:21 PM

OPA Northeast 2004 race dates

This will be announced tommorow at the OPA meeting.

Brick,NJ - June 26,27 - Ocean Race
Atlantic City,NJ - July 18,19 - Ocean Race
Pt. Pleasant Beach, NJ - Aug. 12,13 - Ocean Race
L.I. / CONN. Area - Aug. 28,29 - Bay Race
Cambridge, MD - Sept. 25,26 - Bay Race
Delaware River Area - Oct. 9,10 River Race

Last year OPA ran 5 races, this year we'll go for six. Hopefully the Super Series boats will join us in Atlantic City.

Racing is alive in the NorthEast!

SHARKEY-IMAGES 12-13-2003 12:44 AM

Great news!

Hopefully now with the 1st race being the 3rd week in June it will calm the seas a bit for the SOB's!

I know! I know! :rolleyes: Calm water in Jersey?:crazy:

Who ever heard of that? :D :D :D

AugiePensa 12-13-2003 07:28 AM

I don't think it's that Sharkey.....we all have to"FIX" what we've all "BROKE" with the "BIG JERSEY WATER" and the "DEERFIELD BEACH, FLA. waters. Tough year with seats getting Ripped outta the floors, hatches flying all over the place, stringers cracking ect., ect., ect. 20' sounds kinda SMALL to me!!! ????????????????Augie

xtremeracingf1 12-13-2003 08:42 AM

Just checked your schedule with SBI and 3 races fall on the same dates. Oppppssss......

SHARKEY-IMAGES 12-13-2003 09:26 AM

Originally posted by A.Pensa
20' sounds kinda SMALL to me!!! ????????????????Augie

13 feet is small.....
:D :D :D

21 footers were raced in all the oragnizations in the past. They were never turned away because of their size. It was the changing of the rules that allowed I/Os to run against outboard boats that just made everyone walk away.
Hopefully now we have a chance to bring many of them back.
There is always a way to keep them safe. If the conditions on race day do not permit, then their will probably be a speed restriction placed on them for that day.
Everything is workable.
I feel this can really work again...:eureka:

Wazzup Racing 12-13-2003 10:14 AM

Schedule

We have only changed a couple dates, And they are the races where our guys would not travel that far anyway. I think the september TBA that john has falls on the same day as our Cambridge date. Scheduling is tough when races are scheduled for almost every other weekend. Dont read more into it than there is we are working with John every way we can. We also moved our first race date to not conflict the the local NJPPC Poker Run which has always been the same weekend.

SHARKEY-IMAGES 12-13-2003 10:38 AM

Re: Schedule

Originally posted by Wazzup Racing
We also moved our first race date to not conflict the the local NJPPC Poker Run which has always been the same weekend.
I personally Thank You for that guys!

Now I can attend both events....:) :cool: :cool: :cool:

Peconic 12-13-2003 08:30 PM

This is a great schedule. Thank you, guys. we'll be there!

BODYSHOT1 12-15-2003 12:46 PM

Great to see everyone!

Looks to be a Great Year in 2004!

Marty

:cool:

outer42 12-15-2003 12:48 PM

gett the boat ready and get me my magazine!!!!!