Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > OPA/The Jersey Boyz
Mother Nature Tries To Put A Whoopin On The Jersey Boyz! >

Mother Nature Tries To Put A Whoopin On The Jersey Boyz!

Notices

Mother Nature Tries To Put A Whoopin On The Jersey Boyz!

Old 08-14-2004, 12:51 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Mother Nature Tries To Put A Whoopin On The Jersey Boyz!

The rest of east coast was getting pounded by hurricanes, Mother Nature was playing her cruel tricks on The Jersey Boyz! What started out as a hell of a rain storm one hour before race time came to a sudden halt as we approach the inlet to the ocean, we waited for the coast guard to give the ok and the waters were very calm. Well, this is where Mother Nature comes in, as we took off at high rates of speed thru the inlet to put on our show for the "FANS" who lined up on either side of the inlet she kicked up. We had stayed in the rear of the fleet and as I watched the boats in front of us take air I knew we all were in for a real Home Of The Big Water Race...Jersey Style. My hat goes off to all the teams and mostly ALL THE OUT OF STATE CREWS that came to race this water first hand. When you see my Flying Condo and Bob Oliver's 47 Apache climbing 8-10 feet out of the water you know Mother Nature is a real Bit$h. I don't know about the rest of the crews but I'm hurting today. As a lot of you know I've been racing with a broken ankle ( two bones broke) so today it's swelled up like a grapefruit, black and blues on both arms of Kevin and myself. The race ends, we have our awards and then The Sun Comes out about 5 PM...go figure. No matter what everyone came out OK, I hope everyone that attended had a good time and we'll see ya next year. Augie

Last edited by Augie Pensa; 08-14-2004 at 03:02 PM.