37 Stilleto -Which Drive? >

37 Stilleto -Which Drive?

Notices

37 Stilleto -Which Drive?

Old 07-26-2006, 10:13 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 37 Stilleto -Which Drive?

I am new to the forums and need some help. I am looking at buying a 37 Stilleto and have found some good boats here on OffShore Only. My question is about the different drives that these boats have. One has the #6's, one has the #5's and the other one has the Bravos w/ boxes. I have only ridden in a 37 with the Bravos w/ boxes. I have been told that the boat rides differently with each drive. Has anyone ridden in different powered 37's and can compare the drives for me. Thanks for the help.
P.S. RG3 keep up the good work....very nice.
Old 07-26-2006, 12:10 PM
Registered

Default Re: 37 Stilleto -Which Drive?

I have ridden in a triple engine bravo, twin engine bravo and a SSM V boat. The triple engine boat has the best ride just because of the weight, next I liked the twin engine bravo boat. I did not like the ride of the SSM V boat at all. The SSM V boat had been re powered and may not have had the drives on correct, it felt like they were to high. There are some #6 owners on OSO maybe they can give you input on the 6's
Old 07-26-2006, 01:09 PM
Registered

Thanks BBB725,
Do you know what motors were in the SSM V boat. I was told by one guy that the boat with SSM V drives rides squirrelly. Is that a good description of the ride?
Old 07-26-2006, 01:20 PM
Registered

I have owned a 37 with sixes and currently have one with Bravo's / Imco's, I have also ridden in a V boat.

the best ride question is tricky, what boat and what set up are you looking at.

side by side engine set up or Staggered set up, mild power or big power, quad step or regular???
Old 07-26-2006, 01:55 PM
Registered

Looking at 3 different boats.
1. 99 Single step 750 Cobras SSM V side by side.
2. 01 Single step 575 Bravo XR W/boxes Staggered
3. 00 Single step 900SC # 6's Staggered.
I guess the whole question came from a guy that told me the boats with SSM V drives rode squirrelly.
Old 07-26-2006, 02:27 PM
Registered

The 01 575 w/ xrs and boxes will be most reliable.
The 00 900 w/6's your gonna add 400 lbs. to the back might need alittle more tab to keep the bow down.
I don't know about the ssm V's
Old 07-26-2006, 03:26 PM
Registered

I agree, sounds like it will come down to your budget and how fast you want to go.

My 1999 37 is for sale if your interested
Old 07-26-2006, 09:23 PM
Charter Member # 545
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We had a 37 Quad, with 6's and 1000 KE's. The boat was never squirelly. It was a handfull over 105 mph. With 6's the drives are surfacing. The boat wants to run or cruise fast. At around 65 mph you could feel the drives get up on the surface. It didnt like to run much slower than 60-65 mph. Dont know if the single step was different. It all depends on what you want to do. Is insurance an issue? Check now, that may help push you in one direction or another. Bravo drives are cheaper initially, but you may brake a couple. Before everyone jumps down my throat, the reality is you got a 10,000 lbs. boat with big power through a bravo drive. Bravos are cheaper to fix, the 6's are bullit proof....but if you do have a transmission to worry about also. If you do have a problem with a 6 drive its alot more money than a Bravo to fix. Our 37 was one of the best rough water boats I have ever owned. It amazed me how fast it would run on flat water, and the same hull would crush 4 foot waves like nothing. It all gets back to what you intend on using the boat for. Water test them that may help make up your mind.
Old 07-27-2006, 08:29 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wild Child
I agree, sounds like it will come down to your budget and how fast you want to go.

My 1999 37 is for sale if your interested
I have seen your boat in the ads, it is a beautiful boat. I love the paint job. I am looking for a full cabin though. You said you have ridden in a boat with V's. Was there a big difference in the V's and the #6's?
Old 07-27-2006, 08:37 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sakoutis3
The 01 575 w/ xrs and boxes will be most reliable.
The 00 900 w/6's your gonna add 400 lbs. to the back might need alittle more tab to keep the bow down.
I don't know about the ssm V's
What 2000 are you looking at, if it is the one I am thinking about steer clear, multiple owners and run very hard. If you are going anything more than stock power go with the #6 boat. I owned a Bravo boat with 750 hp supercharged motors for 5 years and now have a # 6 boat with a set of quad rotor 565s. You will find the #6 boat is happiest at higher speeds in the rough stuff.

Quick Reply: 37 Stilleto -Which Drive?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.