Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Outerlimits (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/outerlimits-89/)
-   -   Anyone know this boat? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/outerlimits/136328-anyone-know-boat.html)

Maritime_Eng 07-28-2006 11:49 AM

Anyone know this boat?

Hello All-

I am looking for some info one this boat. Any photos would be great too.

http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/6/3/1568963.htm

Thanks
Don

CMG 07-29-2006 09:13 AM

Re: Anyone know this boat?

Don, there are a few members from OSO that are from the cape area, if you are serious about the boat and do not find anyone (try posting in General Boating Discussion) to give it a peek I could maybe take a ride down for you. I have a customer in the general area that I'm do to visit later this week - I'm not a pro by any means but could take some pics of any issues that the seller would avoid showing (stress cracks, worn interior...) and give you an honest opinion. The price looks right and surely the diesels are becoming appealling to many.

animalhouse 08-01-2006 11:31 AM

The boat is flawless, the diesel set up is a great cruising package, and it still moves along pretty well. The extra weight of the cats helps the boat feel much bigger than it is in the bigg water.

Maritime_Eng 08-02-2006 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by animalhouse
The boat is flawless, the diesel set up is a great cruising package, and it still moves along pretty well. The extra weight of the cats helps the boat feel much bigger than it is in the bigg water.

How do you think it would handle compared to my 1998 formula 382?

thedonz 08-05-2006 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by dgduck13
How do you think it would handle compared to my 1998 formula 382?

you can't compare.....OL is a class of it's own

mike

bripar77 08-06-2006 07:23 PM

I have had both a 2001 382 fastech with 575 Sci's and now a 2000 37 Stilletto with 975 Sc's. The Formula is a smooth riding boat compared to the 37' OL. The 37' OL feels like a sports car compared to the Formula's cadillac ride. I enjoyed my Formula most in the ocean coming back from Catalina when I could get it flying to lighten it up. The 37' OL is just a high powered sports car and is fun in all conditions except maybe total flat water.

Maritime_Eng 08-07-2006 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by bripar77
I have had both a 2001 382 fastech with 575 Sci's and now a 2000 37 Stilletto with 975 Sc's. The Formula is a smooth riding boat compared to the 37' OL. The 37' OL feels like a sports car compared to the Formula's cadillac ride. I enjoyed my Formula most in the ocean coming back from Catalina when I could get it flying to lighten it up. The 37' OL is just a high powered sports car and is fun in all conditions except maybe total flat water.

Thanks for the response!

animalhouse 08-07-2006 02:02 PM

The diesel boat will ride more like the formula because of the weight, it will not be as light as the 975sc boat as mentioned by bripar77. You can't beat the maintenance schedule and the fuel economy of the diesel set-up, as long as you are not looking for blistering speed.

Superboat Guy 08-08-2006 07:10 AM

This boat has been for sale for a while now, it was on ebay over the winter. I did ask a few people some questions about it.The model is a GTY. It has ASD8 drives(good), its hard to get on plane. I am not sure if they added or were going to add a way to slide the engines forward to get on plane then slide them back to run, all done with the touch of a button, anyone know of this?

I haven't seen this boat in person, but the pics I have seen and the way its set up, I really like that boat. :drink: I just wish I had the time and energy to deal with a 37 foot boat. As to who ever buys this boat, I will be jealous :D

One question, that makes me nervous, why does it have an NOS (Nitrous Oxide Systems) tag on the dash?

animalhouse 08-08-2006 10:00 AM

Superboat Guy,

The nitrous Was used to spool up the turbo's and help get the boat on plane. The new method to solve that is with the development of the ZF 2 speed transmission, which was used on the second diesel boat that they built.

That retrofit would be something worth looking into.