Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Outerlimits
OUTERLIMTS Factory Tour! >

OUTERLIMTS Factory Tour!

Notices

OUTERLIMTS Factory Tour!

Old 08-27-2014, 06:08 AM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

R.I.P Mike Fiore and my sincerest condolences to the family.

I am digging this thread out in tribute to the awesome person he was. The fact that he took time out to chat with a guy that would likely never buy a new Outerlimits truly shows how humble he was.

John D.
Old 08-27-2014, 08:16 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jassman
and a bunch of party animals as well
Remember when we Hijacked that Ft Lauderdale Bus? Let's focus on the good times right now. We are all Grieving, but there are so many good memories to help us get through this.
Old 08-27-2014, 09:30 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Here is my Mike Fiore Story.......

When I was in college (2004) myself and two friends decided we wanted to do the Spring Sarasota Poker Run. So we towed our 26 Sonic down there for what became was one of the greatest weekends of my life and Mike was part of the reason. Saturday Morning we sat down for breakfast just the three of us at the table. Then a group of guys walk up and ask if they can join us and we say sure. It was Mike Fiore and a customer who had just bought a 42 GTX if memory serves correct. We sat there and chatted with Mike and his team as if we knew then for years. Through out the course of the day Mike continued to talk with us at the stops even complimenting us on our boat. Since then I have been to the factory a few times and seen Mike in Key West for the past 5 plus years and he has always remembered me. I know its a salesman's job to remember customer's names but it was different with Mike. I knew there were much bigger people to him then me but he always made me feel, when talking to him, just as important as them. He was a true ambassador and innovator to our sport.

Rest in peace Mike and keep us all safe.......

John thanks for starting this thread
Old 08-27-2014, 12:55 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

There are more stories that come to mind every hour. I have spent 17 Years boating and poker running and racing and working and being a friend with Mike. This is a sad day for the industry and for all of us who have known and loved him.

From the countless rental cars we have brought back looking like that scene from Days of Thunder, to testing boats in the middle of winter and having him say "Freddy keep an eye out for the floating ice" as we were running 130 mph, to just simply sitting there for hours tinkering with remote control boats.
Old 08-27-2014, 01:24 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Fred,

We met many years ago. I use to work for AMF and we talked about your old boat which became Haggins boat with the Turbines. I am sorry for your loss as I know Mike and you were very tight. Hope to catch up soon.
Old 08-31-2014, 11:50 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by animalhouse
Remember when we Hijacked that Ft Lauderdale Bus? Let's focus on the good times right now. We are all Grieving, but there are so many good memories to help us get through this.
Fred,
I am sure you will appreciate this:

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !