Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Outerlimits (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/outerlimits-89/)
-   -   39 Quattro (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/outerlimits/244149-39-quattro.html)

BONDO10 12-16-2010 04:31 PM

39 Quattro

39 On Ebay,Anyone know the boat? It seems to be cheap,or at the very least a motivated seller. I really like the boat but not the XR's. The seller shows some peeling clear coat,is this a problem on the older OL? or just the Florida sun. Either way I am very interested and would like some input on the 39's ride. I am looking for a little more speed than my 382 Fastech but don't want to give up too much rough water ride. And I don't want to modify my boat and kill the resale. I have always liked the OL and the fact that they are local to me makes it even better. If I ask nice maybe Mike and the boys will convert it to 6"s or NXT's for a local guy>:drink:Thanks Jeff

Shallow Minded 12-16-2010 07:39 PM

I've been watching that boat since it hit eBay and am curious to hear the story behind it. You're right, the XR's aren't a strong selling point. It should ride just as well as your 382 I would think. I'm sure Fred will chime in... :coolcowboy:

OL40SVX 12-16-2010 07:50 PM

It will ride better that your 382 is just a different feel being a light bigger epoxy boat. If your good on the throttles the drives should last a good bit. If I remember the pics its paint chipping, not the clear. Clear peeling is not a problem on Outerlimits. The 39's with 600's run right at 100 and a little more every now and then. Let myself or Animalhouse know if you need any more info on the 39's. You were a slip away from us at the Fairhaven run this year after you come through the rough ****!!

Dan

BONDO10 12-17-2010 06:33 AM

Yes Dan that was us in Fairhaven. So you understand why I need a good rough water boat.With our short season and my business,I try to squeeze every ride in I can. Unless we have little ones or timid women on board we never turn back! But hey I'm Polish! If your interested,I have a bunch of cool shots of Tsunami from Bordan Light and Fairhaven the last few years. Just PM your email. The ebay item # for the 39 is 150528792497. How much work would be involved to change to NXT's? Would the rear motor have to be moved forward? Has anyone put Arneson's on a 39?
Thanks for your help,Jeff

Rik 12-17-2010 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by BONDO10 (Post 3276718)
Yes Dan that was us in Fairhaven. So you understand why I need a good rough water boat.With our short season and my business,I try to squeeze every ride in I can. Unless we have little ones or timid women on board we never turn back! But hey I'm Polish! If your interested,I have a bunch of cool shots of Tsunami from Bordan Light and Fairhaven the last few years. Just PM your email. The ebay item # for the 39 is 150528792497. How much work would be involved to change to NXT's? Would the rear motor have to be moved forward? Has anyone put Arneson's on a 39?

I like your thinking! :D Installing the Arnesons would not be a real difficult job and they certainly would cost less than the other options.

OL40SVX 12-17-2010 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by BONDO10 (Post 3276718)

There are no 39's with Arnesons on them.

Rik 12-17-2010 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by fountain40icbm (Post 3277095)
There are no 39's with Arnesons on them.

Yet :lolhit:

fastoys 12-17-2010 05:03 PM

Jim Haskell owned it new. From Jersey. He traded it for a cat i believe. It went to fastboats and then to canada.The paint has been changed some. (check it out on fastboats.com) The blatter fuel tank concerns me a bit. big job to fix

OL40SVX 12-17-2010 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by fastoys (Post 3277236)
Jim Haskell owned it new. From Jersey. He traded it for a cat i believe. It went to fastboats and then to canada.The paint has been changed some. (check it out on fastboats.com) The blatter fuel tank concerns me a bit. big job to fix

Jim had his then sold it for a new Nor-Tech cat then sold that and now has another 39OL with 700's that he loves. The current owner did change the paint and got rid of the red.

OL40SVX 12-17-2010 10:04 PM

For some reason someone painted the sportmaster lowers black as well. It was not like that when Haskell owned it.