Question on cockpit layout of 39 OL's >

Question on cockpit layout of 39 OL's

Notices

Question on cockpit layout of 39 OL's

Old 08-28-2017, 11:37 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Question on cockpit layout of 39 OL's

Hi everyone, I'm a longtime cigarette owner and have been really been looking closely at the 39 OL's.... and a few Nor-Tech's this summer.
Do all of the 39's (OL's) cockpits come with the front seats right next to each other? Where there are models that had the more traditional front seating configuration?
I'm not a huge fan of the seats next to each other like that but am wondering more and more how much of a deal breaker that really would be.
Any advice or view points on the matter would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance!
Old 08-28-2017, 12:11 PM
Registered

Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts

i'm no expert, but in the stand up models the SL has them on each side with the cabin entrance in the center.
Old 08-28-2017, 12:34 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

The best part about the side entry boats is cabin usability, specifically the head. You are standing in the deepest part of the boat when you are in the enlarged head.
So if actually using ALL of the boat is important to you (and your S/O), this is a noticeable difference. It also allows you to have a conversation at speed without having to yell or need headsets.

If you are taller, or of a larger size, AND you really only use the cabin for storage, you will like a center-entry boat as the "access portal" of entering the cabin is going to be larger.

Last edited by Sydwayz; 08-28-2017 at 01:36 PM.
Old 08-28-2017, 01:21 PM
Registered

Received 290 Likes on 138 Posts

I agree with Sydwayz. I love the side entry on our boat. It makes for a very big/usable bathroom, and it allows for a normal conversation at speed. Also, the passenger in the middle front seat is behind the deepest part of the fairing so you get almost zero wind.
Old 08-28-2017, 01:57 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great feedback, thank you... how many times do you find that the passenger is ever in the way, etc? if at all....
that would definitely be new for me... the seat configuration, the shifter and throttle placement, etc.
As far as the cabin, we would not use the head - that would likely get used for storage but we definitely use the cabin...
Old 08-28-2017, 03:30 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Originally Posted by eichhoma
Great feedback, thank you... how many times do you find that the passenger is ever in the way, etc? if at all....
that would definitely be new for me... the seat configuration, the shifter and throttle placement, etc.
As far as the cabin, we would not use the head - that would likely get used for storage but we definitely use the cabin...
The only time I ever had "interference" with the passenger is when my GF left the bolster bottom cushion up.
She would have to lower the bolster bottom (electric, took a few seconds, and I'm impatient AF), or she'd exit the bolster area, so I could pass by.
Old 08-28-2017, 03:39 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Originally Posted by eichhoma
FWIW, they made 5 or so 39' Top Guns with side by side front bolsters as well.
Notice the passenger on this one is actually on the SB side of the boat, and controls are the center.

On others, the controls where on the SB side of the boat; passenger in the center.

Old 08-28-2017, 04:05 PM
Registered

Received 105 Likes on 60 Posts

my opinion....the Cig design above is terrible. The passenger is stuck there. The driver should be on the SB side and then the passenger is free to move about like in the OL.
Old 08-28-2017, 04:41 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Tiki Joe
my opinion....the Cig design above is terrible. The passenger is stuck there. The driver should be on the SB side and then the passenger is free to move about like in the OL.
Cigarette did it both ways.
And if you ask my GF's opinion, she just wants to sit there and look pretty anyway.
Old 08-28-2017, 08:25 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A lot of them have drop in 3rd bolster backs, too, so you can fit 3 across.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.