Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Outerlimits
2004 42' Legacy Help >

2004 42' Legacy Help

Notices

2004 42' Legacy Help

Old 06-02-2024, 05:53 PM
  #1  
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2024
Posts: 1
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 42' Legacy Help

Hey Guys, we inherited a 42' Legacy from my father in law and are trying to figure this thing out enough to get it sold. Batteries seem to be dead and shore power won't charge them. Due to no power, we're unable to open the hatch to get to them. Does anyone know where the hatch release is located? or if the batteries are not located in the engine compartment, where they would be? Thanks!
mnash760 is offline  
Old 06-02-2024, 08:28 PM
  #2  
Registered
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Massachusettes
Posts: 107
Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts
Default

In my 42 legacy there is a battery under the back seat (does house power) Also the hatch pump is under the back seat. Check there you can jump the hatch pump
Cms51 is offline  
The following users liked this post:
105Fountain (06-03-2024)
Old 06-03-2024, 08:05 PM
  #3  
Registered
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Miller Place, NY
Posts: 136
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by mnash760
Hey Guys, we inherited a 42' Legacy from my father in law and are trying to figure this thing out enough to get it sold. Batteries seem to be dead and shore power won't charge them. Due to no power, we're unable to open the hatch to get to them. Does anyone know where the hatch release is located? or if the batteries are not located in the engine compartment, where they would be? Thanks!
if you donít mind me asking, which 42 do you have?
tdbrickndirt is offline  
The following users liked this post:
Faster Daddy (06-03-2024)
Old 06-04-2024, 06:10 AM
  #4  
VIP Member
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2021
Location: SW Ohio
Posts: 1,681
Received 834 Likes on 472 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by mnash760
Hey Guys, we inherited a 42' Legacy from my father in law and are trying to figure this thing out enough to get it sold. Batteries seem to be dead and shore power won't charge them. Due to no power, we're unable to open the hatch to get to them. Does anyone know where the hatch release is located? or if the batteries are not located in the engine compartment, where they would be? Thanks!
MNash,

Will the hatch not just lift off the screw jack? It's heavy as farq, but, on our PQ, I can just lift it by hand and prop it up with something (we inherited a 1X2 of just the right length with the boat that is kept under the hatch). You might get a buddy or three and try that. I've also seen setups where you can go in through a side vent with a hook of some sort and pull a latch pin at the top of the screw jack.

Thanks. Brad.
Brad Christy is offline  
Old 06-04-2024, 06:15 AM
  #5  
Registered
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Massachusettes
Posts: 107
Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Brad Christy
MNash,

Will the hatch not just lift off the screw jack? It's heavy as farq, but, on our PQ, I can just lift it by hand and prop it up with something (we inherited a 1X2 of just the right length with the boat that is kept under the hatch). You might get a buddy or three and try that. I've also seen setups where you can go in through a side vent with a hook of some sort and pull a latch pin at the top of the screw jack.

Thanks. Brad.
i deffinatly wouldnt try to just pick it up. They use a single hydraulic ram for a triple boat direct mounted to a stringer and the hatch no play for lifting it up or slip joint and dual rams on the outsides for twin boats same deal direct mounted no slips.
Cms51 is offline  
The following users liked this post:
IGetWet (06-04-2024)
Old 06-04-2024, 07:19 AM
  #6  
Registered
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 2,137
Received 854 Likes on 364 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Brad Christy
MNash,

Will the hatch not just lift off the screw jack? It's heavy as farq, but, on our PQ, I can just lift it by hand and prop it up with something (we inherited a 1X2 of just the right length with the boat that is kept under the hatch). You might get a buddy or three and try that. I've also seen setups where you can go in through a side vent with a hook of some sort and pull a latch pin at the top of the screw jack.

Thanks. Brad.
Boats of this type, the hatches donít just lift off the lifts. 🤦🏻‍♂️
IGetWet is offline  
Old 06-04-2024, 07:32 AM
  #7  
VIP Member
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2021
Location: SW Ohio
Posts: 1,681
Received 834 Likes on 472 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by IGetWet
Boats of this type, the hatches donít just lift off the lifts. 🤦🏻‍♂️
IGetWet,

I wouldn't have thought so on our boat either. I probably wouldn't have even realized what the board was for, but the seller pointed it out for us during the sea trial. Curiously, the hatch was hard mounted on our Rinker 236 Sport Cuddy, but that hatch was pretty light. I assumed the reason for the slip lift on the PQ was because it was so damned heavy, and I assumed they'd be even heavier on an OL, for obvious reasons. Any reason they can't? Genuine question. I can't imagine what it would take to just blow ours open, and I wouldn't want to be in the boat if it was launched hard enough to throw the hatch open.

Thanks. Brad.
Brad Christy is offline  
Old 06-05-2024, 05:30 AM
  #8  
Registered
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: GIBRALTAR,MI
Posts: 149
Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Engine hatch

If there is a trim pump under the bench seat you can jump the positive terminal and it will either go up or down, move to other terminal to change direction. Jump box or battery charger will work
bigmotor is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.