Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Pantera (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/pantera-39/)
-   -   tomcei winter project (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/pantera/119121-tomcei-winter-project.html)

tomcei 12-26-2005 10:30 AM

tomcei winter project

1 Attachment(s)
OK Pantera gear heads this is my project.
I bought the 1995 "GOUMADA" 28 from Jerry in NJ a couple months back. I've had it out 3 unforgetable times and now I want to redo it so to speak. Basic hard core TLC. The boat is solid and runs great. It does have some gelcoat issues ( looks like it made love to the trailer at one time) and some items that need to be repowder coated. I want all new gauges, throttle, switch pannels w/ switches, and of course many other things. We will see how far I get. The stripped boat is currently being worked on in the fiberglass shop. It's not due back to my place untill mid to late Febuary. I will be under the gun when it gets back. My goal is to be on the water the begining of April. I will try to give before, during and after pics the best I can.

tomcei 12-26-2005 10:44 AM

Re: tomcei winter project

2 Attachment(s)
Before and during

tomcei 12-26-2005 11:04 AM

2 Attachment(s)
The holes will be filled and glassed over. I'll make sure I arrange the smaller gauges evenly around the larger ones.
Still not sure I should go with the Monsters or standard.

onesickpantera 12-26-2005 02:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Looks good! Do you have any more pics of the foot bracing in your boat?

tomcei 12-26-2005 02:08 PM

Those sweet mamas went to the burn pile to keep me warm :D

I plan to make some from aluminum(sp) and cover it w/ the flooring material

onesickpantera 12-26-2005 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by tomcei
Those sweet mamas went to the burn pile to keep me warm :D

I plan to make some from aluminum(sp) and cover it w/ the flooring material

Damn, I like the design of them. It looks like you can "lock" your feet under the padded part?

jharran 12-26-2005 03:32 PM

Please keep us posted with more pictures. jeff

tomcei 12-26-2005 04:55 PM

Noboat,
they realy did work quite well. The top part worked as a foot rest when the seat bottoms were up, they kept your feet from dangling. I'll post some pics of the ones I make.

Jeff, I'll keepum rolling the best I can.

speed buff 12-26-2005 11:29 PM

keep us posted !!!!!!!! look forward to seeing the progress in the next few months:drink:

MIAMIBOYZ 12-28-2005 01:39 PM

You are doing things right , strip, throw away and start all over again with new wires connectors and gauges. keep us posted, plan to race it.... :D