Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Pantera (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/pantera-39/)
-   -   1980 24 Sport for Sale (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/pantera/154053-1980-24-sport-sale.html)

Dude! Sweet! 03-20-2007 03:25 PM

1980 24 Sport for Sale

3 Attachment(s)
OK, I'm selling my 1980 Pantera 24 Sport.

I'm going to put this in the swap shop when I get a chance, but I though I'd give you guys a first look. Yes, I've only had it for 6 months (the "testing plan" was very sucesful!), but I'm going to get a 28 so I'd like to keep multiple boat ownership to a minimum!

330hp Merc with Bravo. New Stainless Marine exhaust and water bypass. Bobby Moore dual hydralic steering, Dana swim steps, Bennett tabs, dual batteries, aluminum trailer. Freshwater boat until last November.

I'd like $10,500 as it sits. I could go lower if the buyer doesn't want the Stainless Marine exhaust. Once it goes on boat trader I'll ask $12k, but I figured I'd give you guys my no BS price.

Yes, this is Ironman's old boat. It's a great boat, but the cockpit is too small for my needs, so it's on to a 28. Just ran from HB to Catalina and back last weekend with no trouble. Ran 60.5 on GPS with 4 people and full tank of fuel (I'm as amazed as you are!).

Here's some photos. Please feel free to post, pm or email with questions or photo reqeusts.

Thanks,

Sean

rchevelle71 03-20-2007 04:28 PM

OMG,

its a sitdown!!!

Nice ride, if i didnt have mine, I'd be all over it.

Dude! Sweet! 03-20-2007 04:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Rick, I couldn't imagine riding in a stand up 24. Here's a photo of me standing in mine from Catalina this weekend. Too tall!

To be honest, my knees and ankles are trashed from years of contact sports. I'm a little nervous about a stand up boat, but I figure I can always convert it if I'm too much of a candy-asz to stand up!

littledcsrodshop 03-20-2007 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by Pantera28-650HP (Post 2065070)
24 stand ups are for guys my size...and Jo's size :D

You can definatly add along me in that crew too.
On the bright side it make for a lighter load & a little speed edge. ( sounds good anyways.) :p :p

Dude! Sweet! 03-20-2007 07:20 PM

I like that. I guess I was just designed to see over the dash on an Apache or CUV! (I'm not fat, I'm luxurious!)

tomcei 03-20-2007 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by Dude! Sweet! (Post 2065106)
I like that. I guess I was just designed to see over the dash on an Apache or CUV! (I'm not fat, I'm luxurious!)

:D

rchevelle71 03-20-2007 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by Pantera28-650HP (Post 2065070)
24 stand ups are for guys my size...and Jo's size :D

Well,

I am a scrawny bastad, but almost 6 feet tall, we'll see how the 3-man works out, if I dont like it, I'll covert back to sit down later. I think I have my fuel problem figured out, so hopefully I will be testing within a month.

tomas_wallin 03-21-2007 02:56 AM

Hi Sean,

Too bad you're on "the wrong side". :p I have been looking for a 24 for a while but it needs to be on the east coast to be able to get it here in an easy way.

It looks really nice though...

POOL WHORE 03-21-2007 07:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I can testify that Sean's boat is very nice for a '80. Most all of the hardware has been upgraded for a solid, safe ride. I am suprised that you 4 linebackers made the journey to Catalina in that hot tub. Impressive @ 60++ MPH.

Tomas, if you are seriously looking for a 24, give Sean a call. This boat has been toned down from it's past. The cost to go West to East is minimal considering the boat that you will have.

Hugh