Where are the 24's >

Where are the 24's

Notices

Where are the 24's

Old 01-02-2008, 07:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Where are the 24's

Hello all. I am back in the market for a boat I want a Pantera, but if you see a good deal on another brand please let me know. Alright here goes. I am looking for a Pantera 24' boat if possible I would like to find one for under $10,000 USD, I know it will be like finding a needle in a hay stack. But this will be my epic journey. I am not afraid to work on one, but I would like to take it out and enjoy it this summer. Now here is my problem--The WIFE has been looking at boats on the boattrader, she keeps telling me about the Four Winns Liberator she finds, but I just can not see myself in one. I love the look and performance of the Pantera 24. Sooo help me out or I will be a future Liberator owner dreaming of a Pantera. Thanks ----Brad

(Also I was on here as B251 but I forgot the login info and just crated this new one.)
Old 01-02-2008, 07:21 PM
Registered

I found this in the classifieds. Looks nice, but I cannot find info on the Mfg. Only thing have found out is the builder was killed in FL. and I am weighing out the idea of an outboard. any input on outboards vs. inboard would be great.

http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.c...o20480-en.html
Old 01-02-2008, 07:23 PM
Registered

Here's a great one! Not a Pantera, and a little outside your price range, but it's a hell of a boat!

http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.c...o17514-en.html
Old 01-02-2008, 07:35 PM
Registered

jayhawk, sweet looking boat, yah just a little out of my range. LOL
Old 01-02-2008, 09:22 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I was in a similar situation.
They are out there if you keep your eye's open and strike fast when one comes up.
You mention you're not afraid to do some work, so as long as you're not against an older boat, you can find one.
I watched mine for over a year, and when it came back up for sale I jumped on it in a few hours.
Check out my WIP thread here in the Pantera forum.
I had to calibrate my wife to what I wanted, otherwise I'd be in a Baja/Liberator...
Now, she's the one searching for boat upgrades. She actually bought cat-eye stickers for the rear window of her Hummer yesterday, and I don't even have them for my truck yet...

What happened to Robtlc's boat?? He had it on the market. It would be the perfect canditate for you.
Old 01-02-2008, 09:56 PM
Registered

Talking

Originally Posted by b-rad
I found this in the classifieds. Looks nice, but I cannot find info on the Mfg. Only thing have found out is the builder was killed in FL. and I am weighing out the idea of an outboard. any input on outboards vs. inboard would be great.

http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.c...o20480-en.html
I think you would look good in the Twister!
Old 01-02-2008, 10:33 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Pantera28-650HP
The guy asks about a 10K boat and you list a $ 34K boat . . . thats not nice!!
Sorry, I couldn't help myself! I can't seem to generate much interest at all, so I have to try where I can!
Old 01-02-2008, 11:38 PM
Registered

Received 282 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by b-rad
Hello all. I am back in the market for a boat I want a Pantera, but if you see a good deal on another brand please let me know. Alright here goes. I am looking for a Pantera 24' boat if possible I would like to find one for under $10,000 USD, I know it will be like finding a needle in a hay stack. But this will be my epic journey. I am not afraid to work on one, but I would like to take it out and enjoy it this summer. Now here is my problem--The WIFE has been looking at boats on the boattrader, she keeps telling me about the Four Winns Liberator she finds, but I just can not see myself in one. I love the look and performance of the Pantera 24. Sooo help me out or I will be a future Liberator owner dreaming of a Pantera. Thanks ----Brad

(Also I was on here as B251 but I forgot the login info and just crated this new one.)
http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/boa/521190272.html

I don't know anything about this boat.

That is a tough bill. I was in the same boat just a couple of years ago. Then I got to move up there are some good deals out there, but they take A LOT of time to find
Old 01-03-2008, 01:55 AM
Registered

I figured for the price I would be looking at something in the late 70's to late 80's boat. I hope I can find one that only needs cosmetic work like new int. I know chevy engines in and out so I am not affraid of engine work or cosmetic. The only work I don't know is, if there is rot in the stringers or transome, I am also not familar with out boards that's why I am debating the Twister. What I really love about Pantera is the're still in business. So any problems or if I find a boat I can ask the builder about it and get a response.
Old 01-03-2008, 01:59 AM
Registered

Tex, that is what I would love to do. Start with the 24' and enjoy it for a while then upgrade to a 28' in the end. I feel right now a 28 would be all i need, plenty of room up top and below and still kick a$$ with a single engine.

Quick Reply: Where are the 24's

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.