Pantera Replica ? >

Pantera Replica ?

Notices

Pantera Replica ?

Old 10-26-2010, 11:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pantera Replica ?

after doing research on this site and comparing pictures i belive ive come to the conclusion that my project boat is a pantera replica. but its titled as a knk aero . its a 1985 hull. im guessing the guy named jim klem from what ive reasearched poped a mold of an older pantera? .... i dont know but man they look close this pic is of my boat minus the windshild.[IMG][/IMG]
Old 10-27-2010, 12:21 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

24 Pantera is one of the many 24x7 boats out there that all originally came from the same molds. There is bound to be very similiar looking boats in that category.
Old 10-27-2010, 07:05 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Here's some more info of the famous 24x7ft hull
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/p...s-pantera.html

Mange
Old 10-27-2010, 09:11 AM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

That looks like a 27aero, copy of the 27magnum.
'Klem Gem'.
Old 10-27-2010, 04:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Boat measures 23' 6" title says 24' lines are similar to pantera. Magnum has a different windshield. Are aero boats any good ? This is my first offshore boat and I've been putting it together little by little.
Old 10-28-2010, 07:02 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jorge Quintero
Boat measures 23' 6" title says 24' lines are similar to pantera. Magnum has a different windshield. Are aero boats any good ? This is my first offshore boat and I've been putting it together little by little.
The boat looks nice. One difference I see is on the deck where the side meets the front below the windshield is rounded, pantera has a sharp corner there, otherwise it looks pretty similar. If it is truly a copy of a 24 pantera bottom(which it looks like by the strakes etc.), just make sure the bottom is straight, and the stringers and Transom are solid, the rest is in the setup, and it will run as good as a Pantera. The reason some of the knockoffs get a bad name is due to build quality, since you have yours apart make sure it is solid, maybe compare stringer setup to an actual Pantera, and add extra support if needed, otherwise enjoy it, and by all means never refer to it as a PANTERA

Seeing as you are local, let me know if you need any help with setup etc, I have run and worked on a few 24 pantera's, and also a knockoff or 2, both outboard, and I/O

Last edited by rchevelle71; 10-28-2010 at 07:05 AM.
Old 10-28-2010, 10:19 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by HTRDLNCN
24 Pantera is one of the many 24x7 boats out there that all originally came from the same molds. There is bound to be very similiar looking boats in that category.
Actully Pepe designed his own 24 mold