Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Pantera
Is Pantera still around? >

Is Pantera still around?

Notices

Is Pantera still around?

Old 08-15-2016, 08:39 AM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 23 Posts

I hear you about the trucks. I have a '08 Duramax with 108K miles. I love the new Chevys and want on bad. But 60K?!?! Aint happening! My '08 is in great shape and will be with me till it dies.
Old 08-15-2016, 01:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

take a 572 and throw twin turbo on it and see where you end up . for a fraction of the price. the price for headers is outrageous. I have a set of cmi split tube headers on my boat they were there when I bought the boat thank god cause 3500 for headers I would never spend that . One of the previous owners welded the tails to the upper manifolds. they are now basically one piece uppers I hate it that way so I called cmi. what was I told we don't make that header anymore but we will make you replacements for 2500 each really I will live with it the way it is !! went to do the cockpit upholstery had 3500 in my budget went to a place around lanier and what was I told your budget needs to be 35000. never spoke to her again. got it done for 2200 else where. mind you this is a 24 ft 24x7 hull I can only imagine if I asked her to to the cabin too. which btw I did for about $600 myself. the boating industry in general all think everyone is made of money for instance not to pick on one company but it's one that I follow closely since I once worked for them. same manufacturer of my boat that I built when new and now rebuilt last winter. I read somewhere where sensation hasn't sold a sport boat in something like 2 years but are selling the cc's like crazy. well they use to have an excel file that you could price out there different boats well not a one came in under 100,000 from 28.8 up there 43 footer with all the goodies came in around $943000.00 sorry can't swing that !!! I feel the boat companies are pricing them selves out of the markets. I'm not going to buy a entry level boat at over $100,000 if I remember there 24 was something like 40,000 that they stopped making. so basically what I am saying is I will never spend more for a boat than I do for my house. I paid 5 grand cash for my boat sunk another 6 into it new rebuilt motor, new cabin, new cockpit, new wiring , new lights, new radio, updated by adding smarphone support in the boat with Bluetooth and usb chargers added led lights to cabin and cockpit new carpet thru out. so I have a total of about $11000 into the boat. runs guestimated 70mph haven't bought the gps speedo yet. the prices being asked for a new boat is just crazy.
Old 08-15-2016, 02:34 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This industry is going to shrink to a former shell of itself in 10 more years.

The cost to build legitimately is such that you can't build them cheaply anymore.
If you price them so you can stay in business no one can afford it.

My buddy Chris at Lavey told me the other day -"he'd give anything if he could build used boats."

UD
Old 08-15-2016, 05:35 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by class6
I own a Excavation/Demolition co. we are and have been working cheaper for the last 8 years. makes it tough to keep upgrading.
Same here, getting same or less money for work then we did 10 years ago. Worst part, can't get enough work because there are guys willing to work for less.
Old 08-15-2016, 05:40 PM
Registered

In general on the subject, it's a sign of the times. Either you have to build extremely expensive boats for a select few that generate serious profit per unit, or build a chit ton of lower margin smaller boats and offset margin with volume.
Old 08-15-2016, 08:58 PM
Registered

Yeah, i have like $40k cash to spend on a boat and can not find anything decent. Been looking since may and Had no idea it'd be this hard. Maybe closer to end of summer will get better. Pray for me.
Old 08-15-2016, 09:01 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by chrisvr6
Yeah, i have like $40k cash to spend on a boat and can not find anything decent. Been looking since may and Had no idea it'd be this hard. Maybe closer to end of summer will get better. Pray for me.
Buy my 24
Old 08-15-2016, 09:03 PM
Registered

Me wants a 28 though. Regular seating. Stock single power. Thanks though.
Old 08-15-2016, 09:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by chrisvr6
Me wants a 28 though. Regular seating. Stock single power. Thanks though.
Mine is for sale, it's a twin though
Old 08-15-2016, 09:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by hotjava66
Mine is for sale, it's a twin though
Which one is yours? Listed anywhere?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.