Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Pantera
finally purchaseing 28 pantera >

finally purchaseing 28 pantera

Notices

finally purchaseing 28 pantera

Old 12-29-2003, 09:40 PM
seahorse

Thumbs up finally purchaseing 28 pantera

I just got the ok from the wife to go ahead and place the order on a new 28 with a single mercruiser 525 efi.I am really excited on finally owning a custom pantera.Jo has been great to work with and has taken the time to answer all of my questions.Now i need to start thinking of colors and the paint design i will be going with.

I am excited to soon be a pantera boat owner.

JO i will see you january 7 so we can get started.

seahorse

Old 12-29-2003, 09:47 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats! and welcome to the Pantera family.
Where do you boat?

Angel
Old 12-29-2003, 10:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congratulations!!!

Someone had a nice Christmas I see
Old 12-30-2003, 11:03 AM
Gold Member

Originally posted by clearcut3
Congratulations!!!

Someone had a nice Christmas I see
I SECOND THAT,WELCOME TO THE FAMILY OF PANTERA.
NONE BETTER TO DEAL WITH THAN JO AND PEPE A TRUE CUSTOM BUILT BOAT.GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR BOAT, WE ALL KNOW YOU WILL ENJOY EVERY BIT OF IT.YOU MADE THE BEST MERCURY ENGINE CHOICE THE 525 EFI.

ALBERT
Old 12-30-2003, 08:09 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Seahorse,

Excellent choice as thats exactly what I ordered just a few short months ago. In fact Jo should be popping my hull from the mold just after New Years. I plan to visit at the end of Jan. Don't hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance as many of the other Pantera owners have been there for me.

Congrats

Michael
Old 12-30-2003, 10:15 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Congrats Seahorse...

I should get mine in January and will be happy to take you for a spin in Bonita Springs, FL if you come down.

FT525
Old 12-31-2003, 09:15 AM
Registered

Welcome to the Pantera Family!

Chris
Old 12-31-2003, 02:30 PM
seahorse

i will be boating mainly in south florida and down in the keys.full throttle 525 i like the looks of your paint job .i went back and forth with the idea of twins but i feel the single 525 efi will do fine for me. jo feels 75 mph speeds with a few passengers will be possible and that is plenty for me.i can always add a whipple charger later.i am excited to become a pantera owner.

seahorse

Old 01-05-2004, 07:51 PM
HFZ500

seahorse,
What was the main reason you have decided on the single 525 efi over the twins option? Jo told me that he is building more single engine 28s than twins but i figure for S.Florida boating twins would be a better option for offshore boating.
I am thinking of having Jo build me a 28' with twin 496 HOs or even twin 525 EFIs or a large single.I want to get started by no later than the end of this month. Just thinking of different power options and why one is better than the other.

American express , maybe you can give me your opinion on this matter since you went with the single engine option also.The 675 SC should be an awesome motor package on your new 28'.

By the way i want to run atleast 75-80 mph top speeds

Other Pantera 28 owners want to chime in ??

Thanks,HFZ500

Old 01-05-2004, 09:24 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

HFZ500,

I will be primarily boating on a lake here in NC but didn't want to spec my boat out to be a lake only boat. A twin engine would be a waste here not to mention the investment in fuel & maintenance. Many say a single is a better balanced boat. I know for those that boat offshore they prefer the insurance of twins but I spent my insurance money on a bigger single to make my boat just a little different than the rest beside the fact that there are many similar size production boats capable of the low 70's I wanted to seperate myself from. I knew I'd never be fastest just different in a well rounded package.

Jo told me & showed me on paper that many struggle over a big single vs. small twins when it comes to price b/c it's almost a wash. I think ultimately it comes down to personal preference & intended use. I like having something a little different from the next guy, thus I went w/ a Pantera & a KE 675. Almost everyone here has a Baja or Fountain. The new push is the Sonic line. I'm extremely happy w/ my decision & very much looking forward to taking delivery of my boat in April. Jo, Pepe & the entire Pantera family have made my boating experience a very pleasant one.

I think no matter what you decide you won't be disappointed. My original order included a Merc 525EFI which actually makes much more HP & has closed water cooling. A reliable combination thats tough to beat.

Good Luck!

Quick Reply: finally purchaseing 28 pantera

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.