5 blades on a 28 single?? >

5 blades on a 28 single??

Notices

5 blades on a 28 single??

Old 03-10-2004, 07:14 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A hydro or bravo can have bow lift just how they are cut ? Mike can make a hydro have bow lift like a bravo, but out of the box a bravo has more bow lift yes that is correct but in the labing process you take some of the cup out of it so you get the mph . I have spent a lot of time at Mikes shop so Im learning . Next you need to talk to Mike so he could taylor a prop for your boat ,your x is deep a 5 blade will probaly slow you down /px5 you are talking hydro right ?
Old 03-10-2004, 07:32 PM
Registered

Yeah, it's a hydro, I got Mike's number- will be speaking with him tomorrow
Old 03-10-2004, 09:10 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Ive had merc labed props hydro factory labed props Mikes have by far out run them all
Old 03-12-2004, 09:22 AM
Registered

Well, I bought a P5X from Throttle up, I may have it tuned once I run it. Mike must be busy or out of town, has not answered the phone or rerturned calls for 24 hrs.

Throttle up is being used by several race teams so I don't think they are newbies either. Jo had recommended two shops to me TU and Halls.

Any testing on your side yet?
Old 03-15-2004, 06:51 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

I RAN THIS WEEKEND RAN GOOD I need some more playing with It bites hard will bring down slip numbers right now ran 77 mph at 5000 normaly run 84 at 6000 with lab 30 bravo now this would compare to hydro 5 blade like a 26 pitch lifted the drive 1 inch Im trying a 31 4 blade hydro tomarow while Mike takes some out of the 5 blade in summary I beleive we will be able to run same numbers as compared to the 4 blade but have more control over boat In the rough .I drove nice no playing around drove like a cadilac . If you go to ultra high X you will see more mph I think a 2 inch shortie would give me 5-7 mph did on buddies A/T Thats all say it cant spellit B.
Old 03-16-2004, 08:52 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The new 5 Blade from Hydromotive is called the P5-X. This NEW propeller is a bow lifting propeller. Our initial testing has produced realativly impressive data.

Cruise speeds were improved drastically, with 4-8 MPH increases.

Top End numbers have also been respectble. We have seen speeds that equal the 4 Blades as well as increases in Top End over the 4 blades!

Acceleration times have been improved tremendously, as is expected with 5 blades as well as 6 Blades.

In many test the STOCK P5-X will out perform a Lab Finished Bravo I.

The P5-X provides bow lift without extensively modifying a standard P5 to acheive desirable results.

Julie
Throttle Up Propellers
877-842-6855
Old 03-16-2004, 05:53 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Cattidude have you ran one yet what did you do with your propshaft ? Did you go to the big one ?
Old 03-16-2004, 08:48 PM
Registered

Originally posted by B-Stubb
Cattidude have you ran one yet what did you do with your propshaft ? Did you go to the big one ?
Prop notsupposed to ship until Mid April so no, I have not tried it yet, I've got an XR/ITS which has the big shaft.
Old 03-19-2004, 08:01 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

My five blade experence has been stalled I had a cam fail A comp cam I orderd a cam for the motor and aplication told them everything . It went flat deestroyed lifters in 4 hrs . Called comp they say they will stand behind it stay tuned we will see . Oh in case of the sceptics I bought the entire kit nothing to chance . pop pop pop pop pop all for now >B Prop may do beter than first thought ??
Old 04-09-2004, 05:58 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Mike losend it a little my numbers arent there yet the prop handels the rough great it gets on plane great It doesnt slip at all ,but I have a little to much pitch like if your running a 28 buy a 24 in a 5 blade maybe a 22 . I do have a 60 mph cruze at 4000 rpm !!

Quick Reply: 5 blades on a 28 single??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.