Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Pantera (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/pantera-39/)
-   -   Collectors Item (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/pantera/87154-collectors-item.html)

Stormrider 09-17-2004 10:11 AM

Collectors Item

Well, after 30yrs the plug is being pulled on the 24 mold.
No more 24s after this year.

So how many 24s were built?
How many were SE vs SPORT?
How many OBs vs IBs?

T-Mone 09-17-2004 11:03 AM

Re: Collectors Item

All I can say is I am glad to have one of the last 24s that were built,this boat is a blast to run and will be missed by anyone who likes to hammer in the rough stuff. Everytime I go out either myself or whoever is along for the ride no one can believe the way this boat, for its size, can handle the rough water. Love my Classic 24..

rchevelle71 09-17-2004 11:17 AM

IS THIS TRUE?????????

Well Then..........

Guess I should go find one(cant afford New), looks like the used ones are going to become collecters items now!!!

I was going to buy a 22 Donzi as a stepping stone, but if this is true, maybe I'll just conentrate on the 24 NOW!!!

IRONMAN 09-17-2004 02:57 PM

I hate to see the 24 go also. I would really like to see a pantera 26 for the 24 owners to move into, Strech and widen the 24 mold to 7'9" beam and 26 or 26.5 feet long and add about 3" of freeboard Single engine only with a notch transom enlarge the cockpit some keep the deck lines similar to the 24 Great F1 possibilities or P? class and a little more ecinomical for some
What do you think?

Pat McPherson 09-17-2004 03:09 PM

I like your idea ironman! Many times I said that I would like to give my boat growth hormones.
A 28' Pantera is a big 28ft boat and needs a high dollar single to push it. Out of my league...
Not too many boats with the old classic lines being built.
Sutphin is building a 26/27ft single in NJ these days, but I'm not sure if they have even completed one in the last couple of years...

IRONMAN 09-17-2004 03:42 PM

I think it would be a very slick set-up with a little more room to keep the family happy and the driver feel and speed of the 24. I would like it to be a primarily sit down boat that looks like a 24 on steroids. pocket Cig gladiator for us folks.

Stormrider 09-17-2004 03:57 PM

Keep adding boats to a line up and you end up like cig...
35 36 38 39 42 45 46 :rolleyes:

Stormrider 09-17-2004 04:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I kinda think this might be a good ride.

Caincando1 09-17-2004 04:03 PM

It would be hard to reproduce the success the current dimensions have. More beam wouldn't let it cut like it should. But I hear what you're saying. A true 25-26 with a true 7.5 beam would be cool. Something strong but still fast enough for a modest single to push.

Realistically I don't think it will happen. I see them focusing on the bigger boat. The 32 and 40something is where the moneys at.

JO - PANTERABOATS 09-17-2004 05:46 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Hey Guys,

The 24' Sport and SE will still be offered by us in 2005. The majority of our single engine buyers are mainly interested in the 28' now. Our plans are for a new Pantera 32' for 2005 as a twin engine application and keep the 28' model as a single engine application.

We put so much quality " standard parts " and workmanship in the 24' model and most customers try and compare it to a mass production boat.

The 24' model is a great rough water boat and is what started Pantera 30 years ago. It means allot to us.

So if you are looking to purchase one : show me the $$$.

Regards,

JO - Pantera Boats