Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Pantera (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/pantera-39/)
-   -   First Ride in a 24 (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/pantera/88055-first-ride-24-a.html)

rchevelle71 10-04-2004 08:56 AM

First Ride in a 24

Went for my first ride on a 24 Pantera yesterday, I have always loved the 28, ever since my first ride on TimG's 28, but it will be a LLLOOOOOOOONNNNNNG time saving my pennies to get a 28, even an older one is out of my reach.

I met ScottB at his house Sunday Morning, and we checked the boat over to get it ready for Deerfield next weekend, all looked good, so we topped off the fluids, and launched the boat, all eyes at the ramp were staring at the beast(Headers and Big Dry Pipes tend to grab attention :D :D ). We idled up to the inlet, and Scott showed me where to hold on in the sit downs, We put our vests on, and ripped out of Jupiter Inlet, seas were running about 4 feet, and kinda mixed up. The Boat, and Scotts driving are AWESOME!!!! The boat is a Sit Down, which is new to me, but it is actually quite comfortable, We were getting a little :D :D air, and as we were coming down, I was thinking "this is going to Hurt", But it didnt, the boat lands great, tracks straight, Just land, and set up for the next one.

What got me hooked, and convinced that I NEED one is, we came back to the ICW after a little bit(wanted to save the boat for the race next weekend :D ), and Scott wanted to get it up to speed on Flatter water to check all of the guages, and make sure pressures, and temps were going to be OK for the long run. We idled thru the No-Wake Zone, and after we got past the bridge, Scott opened it up, we were approacing a good sized cruiser that was putting out a decent wake, Scott Just got alongside the wake, and turned into it, one hop, smoooth landing, and Bye Bye Cruiser :D . Now if that were my Wellcraft, I would have been picking my teeth up of of the floor after hitting that wake at speed. We ran South a bit, and cranked it back around, and made another pass coming North, then put it back on the trailer, and brought it home, and had a few :beers: while talking boats, and racing.

I do most of my Boating along the ICW, heading to Party spots, sandbars, regular bars, and Islands, but also like to run outside every now and again. I have to say, this boat handled the Ocean Like it was MUCH Bigger than 24', and was an awesome ICW Boat, I can see getting to the sandbars, and Peanut Island in a Hurry, and not getting Beat up as bad as I do Now.

Thanks A TON for everything Scott, I owe ya some beers in the pits this weekend!!! We'll all be wearing our Kean Shirts!!! And let me know when your going to work on that addition, I'll come up and give you an extra pair of hands.

Rick

MIAMIBOYZ 10-04-2004 09:07 AM

Re: First Ride in a 24

Well said Rick, you road with a racer and racers dont stop for sickness so you past the test I hope. Scotty is a very good driver in any condition, see you in Deerfield. :D

rchevelle71 10-04-2004 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by MYPANTERA28
Well said Rick, you road with a racer and racers dont stop for sickness so you past the test I hope. Scotty is a very good driver in any condition, see you in Deerfield. :D

Albert,

Yeah,

I think I passed the test(no cleaning anything off the floor, or my shorts after the run).

Now, we were the only boat out there, I am sure it is much different in race conditions, That WILL take some getting used to, but I am in No hurry to go racing, I am more interested in getting a Pleasure boat that CAN be raced!!!

I will be around Deerfield most of the weekend, in and out of the Pits, I have the all clear from the woman to spend my weekend drimking beer, and drooling on race boats, but I also have a little project going on in the garage, so I have to take care of a little work.

Rick

ScottB 10-04-2004 09:23 AM

Rick, Anytime, There will be more runs. I had a blast and its fun to take out someone who truly appreciates it. You are now officially part of my crew. :drink:

rchevelle71 10-04-2004 10:32 AM

Scott,

Glad to be part of the Crew, Hopefully one of these days, I'll be able to run along side of you in my very own 24. Anytime you wanna run, I am always up for a ride.

Rick

MIAMIBOYZ 10-04-2004 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by rchevelle71
Scott,

Glad to be part of the Crew, Hopefully one of these days, I'll be able to run along side of you in my very own 24. Anytime you wanna run, I am always up for a ride.

Rick

Rick if you want a ride with me tomorrow after 5, I will test the boat at the 79 st marina in Miami. Let me know, it will just be you and me, and guess what your driving :D

Albert

rchevelle71 10-04-2004 11:11 AM

Rick if you want a ride with me tomorrow after 5, I will test the boat at the 79 st marina in Miami. Let me know, it will just be you and me, and guess what your driving :D

Albert

Albert

Oh sure, make a liar out of me about never passing up a ride......

Gotta test during the week???

I'll see if I can make it down, I am trying to line up some Job interviews for this week, if nobody calls before this afternoon, your on!!! 79 st is which ramp?? the one we used for the Miami Race?? Are you sure you want me to steer this thing??? Go easy on me!!!!

Rick

MIAMIBOYZ 10-04-2004 11:35 AM

79 st causeway Marina, east of I-95 about 3 miles to the right. I`ll take it easy I`m not racing anyone not to worry.

rchevelle71 10-04-2004 11:43 AM

79 st causeway Marina, east of I-95 about 3 miles to the right. I`ll take it easy I`m not racing anyone not to worry.

OK, I am a dummy when it comes to Miami, I assume 95 south to 79 st, then east, and it is at the causeway??

MESABALANCING 10-04-2004 02:39 PM

Albert I Could Help To See The Post Did You Say 79 St Or Mph I Didnt See The Directions.laz