Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Pantera (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/pantera-39/)
-   -   finding the right boat (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/pantera/94513-finding-right-boat.html)

yesrej 01-15-2005 01:46 PM

finding the right boat

hi guys. i am trying to buy a new to me boat this summer and i have been back and further trying to decide on what to buy. one boat that i really like is the 28 pantera with a single engine. i guess my question would be is it a good boat for me. i like to use the boat. i would run it in the hudson river. i like to spend nights on the boat and i would like to run 70ish. now is a pantera good for this? and how hard is it to find a pantera in new york and is it possible to find one for around 45000 to 50000. thanks for your help goods.

yesrej

Von Bongo 01-15-2005 01:50 PM

Re: finding the right boat

Originally Posted by yesrej
hi guys. i am trying to buy a new to me boat this summer and i have been back and further trying to decide on what to buy. one boat that i really like is the 28 pantera with a single engine. i guess my question would be is it a good boat for me. i like to use the boat. i would run it in the hudson river. i like to spend nights on the boat and i would like to run 70ish. now is a pantera good for this? and how hard is it to find a pantera in new york and is it possible to find one for around 45000 to 50000. thanks for your help goods.
yesrej

You will need to find a boat with a 575 or better to make 70+ consistantly. Many pantera owners take good care of their boats. I would think you would be looking in the 95-96 range to get it for that price.

Indy 01-15-2005 02:59 PM

If you like to spend nights on the boat, look into a Nordic 28'. The cabin blows away the Pantera cabin from a space/utility perspective. The fit & finish, and freeboard are better also. The ride will be fine for the Hudson unless it really gets crappy out. I used mine in Long Island Sound and it did well unless we had an East or NE blow :eek: A 496HO will get you an honest 67, the 500efi will get 70. Those are real world numbers with summer heat, gas, and passengers with all their garbage. Nordic Gary is a good one to contact on the Nordic Owners Forum. The Pantera will give you a better ride in the crap when the wind blows hard up or down the Hudson. Chris288 just got a new Sunsation and runs it on the Hudson, contact him for some feedback.

Stormrider 01-15-2005 06:18 PM

Yesrej, where are you located?

yesrej 01-15-2005 07:07 PM

i boat out of rockland county. stony piont

SUPERBASH 01-15-2005 09:15 PM

SUPERBOAT 30 Y2K

TURBOED 01-15-2005 09:56 PM

sounds like a you need a donzi or sonic for the spending nights deal.

Stormrider 01-16-2005 09:04 AM

You can pick up a 28 saber for that kinda $.
Call the plant, they will know what is for sale.

WildThing 01-16-2005 01:00 PM

All of you have offered some excellent choices. :drink:
yesrej, I have a 28' Pantera and my wife and I sleep in it all the time, usually for the whole weekend. It has a 496ho in it and it runs around 62mph. I think to get 70mph out of it everyday will take a Merc 575 too.

Griff 01-16-2005 09:37 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I have a 1996 28 Pantera with a 525SC hopped up to about 550hp. I could be talked into selling it in your price range as long as boat I'm interested in is still for sale.