Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Phantom (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/phantom-179/)
-   -   34' Great Boat - No Bullsh*t (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/phantom/210212-34-great-boat-no-bullsh%2At.html)

Smarty 06-03-2009 01:38 PM

34' Great Boat - No Bullsh*t

Today was the first day in two years I had been in what was my father's 34' Phantom. Will Smith (Phantom) and Innovation Marine (new 540 cubic inch Dart/MerCruiser EFI engines) put the boat back together after my father passed away last summer. It is outstanding! Boat runs strong, is a real sleeper, idles at 650 rpm-silent choice, spins 34" Bravo props, Ryan Beckley's graphics look great. It is truly a new boat.

It is a hot-rod. Thanks to all involved, I will post pictures early next week.

obsessed1 06-03-2009 03:51 PM

Congrats Smarty!!!!!

Smarty 06-03-2009 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by obsessed1 (Post 2879794)
Congrats Smarty!!!!!

Thanks, what a relief. Will Smith is one good dude, really. My father is smiling from heaven on this outcome.

This boat acclererates like mad now, a torque monster from 3000 rpm to 5000 rpm. A great drag boat from 45mp/50 mph, - on up to 90mph, "it gets with the program in a hurrry!"
Flashbacks of the "Hairy Canary" (my father's previous boat a hot-rod 27" Magnum Sport) with respect to acceleration, in a much more stable platform. The Dart 540's work, thanks Dennis and his crew at Innovation Marine.

Smarty 06-08-2009 05:56 PM

4 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Elite Marine (Post 2882662)
I do love riding and driving "Pipe Dream". Even in the roughest water it handles great. Great rough water and fast boats.

Congrats. Sorry to hear about your father.

Thanks, now that is a great picture of Pipedream. I will be getting pictures from Will, where he is driving our boat, and I am passenger that were taken last week, but now here it is, driving is Will Smith with Casey (his employee), I was just dropped off at the dock -and I am the photographer - not my best skill.

Smarty 06-08-2009 06:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
And the Phantom graphic down the bow (front deck) - Kinectic Animation aka Ryan Beckley, very nice. (I will try to improve on my picture posting). Picture taken on the tow home.

jdub 06-09-2009 06:25 AM

Looks great...see ya on the bay. You still putting in at Barber's?

Smarty 06-09-2009 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by jdub (Post 2884038)
Looks great...see ya on the bay. You still putting in at Barber's?

Yes, I like Barber's Basin when the tide is right. I also like Kents Marina in Mays Landing/Egg Harbor Twp., which is again tide dependent.

I hope to be out in the boat Sunday, if I can get all the small stuff addressed - interior is out, carpet is out, needs waxing, bleed the brake system on the trailer, ect.

Stephen

Craney 06-09-2009 08:13 PM

Stephen boat looks great maybe see you down at Kents this weekend.

Smarty 06-09-2009 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by Craney (Post 2884676)
Stephen boat looks great maybe see you down at Kents this weekend.

I will have to figure out the tides for both marinas, when is high tide Sunday at both? Anyone?