Popeye Supercat pics

Notices

Popeye Supercat pics

Old 02-14-2005, 07:10 PM
LOOK AT THE LEAD NOW!!!!!
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Popeye Supercat pics

I did not take those pics of the bare hull. I got those off their website. www.raceboats.com
Old 02-14-2005, 07:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, I figured you snagged the BPM hull pics. Are any of the other pictures yours?
Old 02-14-2005, 07:49 PM
Platinum Member

Nope credits go to many of the fine people that take them during the season. Sorry just really like this design and I like to study designs of different boats and how certain hulls work better in different conditions. This design has shown that it can run right with the MTI designed Supercats out there. I know the team at KR have spent a ton of time with this design and from what we saw this year they are very successful with there changes. The boat just performs flawlessly.
Old 02-14-2005, 07:51 PM
Platinum Member

I found some other photos of the hull being built on that site as well.
Attached Thumbnails Popeye Supercat pics-platinumbuild1.jpg   Popeye Supercat pics-platinumbuild2.jpg   Popeye Supercat pics-platinumbuild3.jpg  

Old 02-15-2005, 11:27 AM
Registered

I might be getting a chance to snap some pictures at Platinum this thursday. If the crew doesn't mind I'll see if I can find a way to share some.

It will be interesting to see what they're up to...
Old 02-15-2005, 12:40 PM
Platinum Member

SK-190,

I know it might be tough but I would really like to see some pics of how the canopy is layed out on that boat. See what they will let you do. Do you know if they are building a new boat or sticking with the one from last year???
Old 02-15-2005, 01:38 PM
Registered

As far as I know Popeye will be the same hull next year. Not sure what changes will be made to it. I've heard some other "rumors" about what's going on at Platinum, but I don't want to share anything that they might be trying to keep under wraps.

What do you want to know about the canopy? Let me know what kinds of pictures you're looking for and I'll see if they'll let me take them.
Old 02-15-2005, 02:36 PM
Platinum Member

Just curious if it is a roomy canopy and how Jim Dyke lays out his guages and indicators. Any talk about the V bottom they built a few years ago??? I think that would be a great Super V entry.
Old 02-16-2005, 10:41 AM
Registered

The Popeye cockpit is a pretty standard supercat cockpit as far as I can tell; a very clean, no frills layout. As far as roominess is concerned.... I wouldn't really describe it as cramped, but I wouldn't call it "roomy" either. I'll see if I can get some shots.

Last time I was down there Jim let me sit in the throttleman's seat. It was the first time I've ever been in an enclosed cockpit. I think it would really take some getting used to. I'm used to being able to just turn around to look behind me in an open cockpit. Having to use mirrors would be a little weird at first. Other than that I don't really have anything to compare it to.

As far as I know there aren't any plans to race the V. With the insurance situation being as crazy as it is for cat owners, I can't help but think that they should start pushing the V a little harder in the pleasure market though. It's a gorgeous V bottom. Very fast too.
Old 02-22-2005, 03:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by DPT MOTORSPORTS
Any talk about the V bottom they built a few years ago??? I think that would be a great Super V entry.
I was told that they already have the drawings for a canopied super V configuration of the Raptor They are a busy bunch of guys right now at Platinum so it will probably be a while before we see a super V Raptor.

I've got some shots of a new Rage that has a silver paint job and is being rigged for racing. I'll try to see if I can find a way to share them in the next few days.

Quick Reply: Popeye Supercat pics

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.