Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Poker Runs and Boating Events
Madison, WI poker runs or get togethers? >

Madison, WI poker runs or get togethers?

Notices

Madison, WI poker runs or get togethers?

Old 05-09-2005, 06:17 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Madison, WI poker runs or get togethers?

Originally Posted by 30 Outlaw
My boat might not be big enough to play with you big guys on lake Michigan Went up to Lake Michigan out of Chicago last weekend, and it was awesome Like a kid in a candy store. I was told it can get nasty though. Downtown let me know I want to get up to Milwaukee and run that out of McKinnely, but would like someone to show us the ropes that way 1st. I will trade you the favor. You show me milwaukee and we will get you around Madison sometime just let me know.
Deal.

If you think I'll fit in Madison lakes, I'll be there. Go swimming.
Old 05-09-2005, 09:14 AM
Registered

Cloudmaster,

If you are on the lakes every weekend. I am sure you have seen my new 30, it is the only one in Madison right now. White, Dark Violet, Red and Black with Twins. Always out with a couple other baja's usually a 25, and a 275. I am pretty good friends with Jeff at Hawkeye, but do not keep your fingers crossed on a personal invite. He means right, but sometimes gets caught up in the craziness around the shop and can get side tracked and forget. A big group of us go from Madison, and some play a card hand for a $100, and then some others do not. Bottom line is if you want to go let us know and we can make sure you fit in. I started going to there poker runs long before I was a customer for the 1st time, but as long as they continue to do me right they have me for life. " which the girlfriend says could be shortened or prolonged depending on my actions on the water " can not help the fact that I do not discriminate against hotties in Bikinis.

Downtown,

Your on lets set it up , have you been to lake winnebego in Oshkosh? Love that lake, another candy store for serious boaters
Old 05-09-2005, 10:07 AM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Well, if i don't have to play a hand, i won't. I just want to join in on the atmosphere of all the performance boats instead of the fish/ski boats around here. I might have seen you at Bourbon Street before, someone was in a 30 that parked next to me one day and said "have to appreciate the old bajas" That was good to hear. But yeah, i'm up for the Hawkeye run, what do you mean you will make room for me?
is there limited space to park or something?
Old 05-09-2005, 11:35 AM
Registered

cloudmaster

I was just referring to the fact you could hang with us so you were not on your own if you wanted, but we can be a wild bunch sometimes. I remember the comment you refered to, that was us. I respect all boats all sizes!!! Type of boat or size does not make anyone a better person than the next.Hawkeye does block rooms at the Best Western every year and they get a cheap rate for doing so. They fill up fast, and we are about to make reservations. Nice to have a shower, pool, and Hot tub party. It is usually Friday night, Saturday night, and coming back on Sunday. I do not know if we are going to slip up this time, but we will reserve rooms in case we do not. Once you attend a Hawkeye event you will be hooked because of the atmosphere of the event.
Old 05-09-2005, 12:17 PM
Registered

good to know that you respect all boats, there was someone on gilligans last year with a newer baja, don't remember what it was, but he thought he was king **** and didn't even wanna chat. But whatever, yeah, it would be cool to get together down there, have the madison people grouped together, i'm just trying to get my boat done, putting a new stereo in it and speakers and i'm having a hell of a time getting the speakers from american, they r slacking on their special orders. How much do the rooms go for down there. What time should we be there on friday? you leaving friday morning?
Old 05-09-2005, 12:47 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 30 Outlaw

Downtown,

Your on lets set it up , have you been to lake winnebego in Oshkosh? Love that lake, another candy store for serious boaters
I know Oshkosh well. Been there with parents since 1975.
I hear the noise police is getting worse.

Poker run sounds fun but I'm not sure I'd fit in. I don't want to be to over kill with a new 42 Fountain. Let me know what dates if you think it may work. The party sounds great. May get a room too if close by.

I'll post when Milw bound on the get together forum. Dave
Old 05-09-2005, 01:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Downtown42
I know Oshkosh well. Been there with parents since 1975.
I hear the noise police is getting worse.

Poker run sounds fun but I'm not sure I'd fit in. I don't want to be to over kill with a new 42 Fountain. Let me know what dates if you think it may work. The party sounds great. May get a room too if close by.

I'll post when Milw bound on the get together forum. Dave

Overkill? No you would be ok. Big boat though I agree. Limits some of the size waters your in, but opens new worlds for you also. There are 2 poker runs accourding to my shceadule in oshkosh June 16th, 17th,18th, and then we like to attend in Sept. 2nd, 3rd, 4th labor day weekend.
Old 05-09-2005, 01:56 PM
Registered

cloudmaster,

You might want to Give Jeff At hawkeye a call to confirm your invite on this event. Normally customers are the only ones to play hands, which you do not want to do anyway. Generally it is for customers, but always new people there riding with current customers. If there becomes a problem with you taking your boat then maybe we can make some room. I have one other couple going with us on our boat for sure. I just called and they have rooms for Thursday, and Friday night, but booked for Saturday night and would be a stand by list. They are usually around $60 a night. We usually go up on Thursday night and pre-party then off to an early start on Friday for the poker run. Last card Saturday mourning and then Regatta for the day. We can catch up maybe this weekend on the water and discuss it more.
Old 05-09-2005, 02:38 PM
Registered

Yeah, let me know what your thinking for the weekend, looks like Sunday is gonna be better than saturday, might go out afternoon sunday for the first run of the year.
Old 05-09-2005, 02:40 PM
Registered

btw, i just talked to Jeff this past friday about it, he said he sent it out and i should get beginning of the week here, so we'll see, don't know what's up for saturday night though if they are already booked? any other hotels close by, i take it that the best western is real close, what do you do with your boat, trailer it at night?

Quick Reply: Madison, WI poker runs or get togethers?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.