northern michigan fun run 06

Notices

northern michigan fun run 06

Old 02-15-2006, 09:45 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: northern michigan fun run 06

In2
MI is surrounded by great boating, but it only lasts about 3 months We have been boating here for years and even with trailering each weekend we still have not been to all the areas we would like to visit. I am from NY, spent about 3 years in So Cal after college, then about 3 years in Kansas City and for the last 15 yrs have lived about 40 miles north of Detroit . Living in MI has so far been my favorite place.

The run we are talking about is way north of Detroit on Lake MI, just below the upper pennisula. What city is the job located in that you are thinking of taking. If it is near Detroit you would boat on Lake St Clair which is pretty large, on one end it goes into the Detroit River which takes you to Lake Erie where there are tons of place to boat and that is where the famous party Island Put In Bay is. The other side of Lake St Clair is the St Clair River which will take you to Lake Huron where you can boat on either the Canadian shores or the MI side. Lot of choices and way to little time. PM me any time you wish and I will give you our telephone number. No matter where you are in MI there will be people from the board that will take you under their wing
Old 02-15-2006, 09:55 AM
Registered

We would be interested in for something up north the weekends of the 12th, 19th or 26th. I can not believe how much of the summer is already planned. SMOKE, then LEOPA, then Chicago, then the ST Clair Races. The weekend of the 5th we are staying home for our lakes boat rally, Labor Day we head to Kelly's Island in Lake Erie, and then the weekend after that is the LEOPA fall poker run in the downriver area of Lake Erie and Lake St Clair. I sure hope gas prices go down
Old 02-15-2006, 12:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In2

Do it. Do it for all of us who can't.

One trip up to northern MI will confirm it for you

I vacation there every year with my family.
Old 02-15-2006, 04:31 PM
Registered

Can you make it a different weekend than the Chicago Poker Run...Please.
I'd love to do both. KS
Old 02-15-2006, 04:38 PM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

In2,

Most people I talk to from Detroit seem to like it over here much better as it isn't so urbanized. When the people of the Chicago area want to get out of town to relax I will tell you they DON'T head for the eastern side of Michigan----they usually head for the western shoreline of Michigan with all it's sandy beaches, pine trees, forests, huge sand dunes, cozy harbors and resorts all long the shoreline.

If your new job will allow it, try to move to the western side of Michigan. Grand Rapids is the second largest city in the state. There is lots of potential for growth over here on the west side and traffic here is not as congested and nothing near what it is in Detroit. The west shoreline of Michigan you will find sandy beaches, but I must admit that the St. Clair Shores area is very nice over by Detroit however, the Grand Traverse Bay area is about two hours away from Grand Rapids where as Detroit it will probably be double the time. The clairty of the water, and scenery up there is awesome. Whatever you decide, WELCOME to Michigan!!!

Mark

Last edited by KAAMA; 02-15-2006 at 04:41 PM.
Old 02-15-2006, 06:34 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by KSFLYER1
Can you make it a different weekend than the Chicago Poker Run...Please.
I'd love to do both. KS
Keith, I don' think they can change it, so lets work on something for the 2nd weekend in August, I am sure by that time they will be ready for a second fun run. You know me, and between me and Marcy I am sure we can manage to gather a group

JBoyne what weekend is your event planned for
Old 02-15-2006, 07:03 PM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

The second week in August I will be there!!!Come on up!! In2 I wouldnt trade the Great lakes for any body of water but the season is too short period. Asx far as raising kids in Michigan .......it dont get much better than west Michigan cant tell you about the east side but Dockrocker can fill you in he has 2 little kids on that side of the state.
Old 02-15-2006, 09:02 PM
Registered

Thumbs up Re: northern michigan fun run 06

[QUOTE=Ms PatriYacht]Keith, I don' think they can change it, so lets work on something for the 2nd weekend in August, I am sure by that time they will be ready for a second fun run. You know me, and between me and Marcy I am sure we can manage to gather a group

Not enough weekends!! We usually go to a festival in South Haven that weekend in August, but I'm do for a change! Lets see what develops. Donna, you are Miss Party Planner USA! KS
Old 02-16-2006, 05:02 AM
Registered

Just call me Ms PartyYacht
Old 02-16-2006, 07:14 PM
Registered

i will be there the second week of aug. too. oh wait i am always there.

Quick Reply: northern michigan fun run 06

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.