Tims 1 Potomac River Poker run

Notices

Tims 1 Potomac River Poker run

Old 06-14-2006, 07:01 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Tims 1 Potomac River Poker run

Wow - I am sure glad we decided to give up and come in early! I was curious to hear if there were any stories from the run. Did you end up finishing the day at Tim's II?

C-
Old 06-14-2006, 07:05 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by hvyhitter19
I don't have any pics, but it was ROUGH... Lots of fun, but man was it Rough... I expected more boats, but I guess the Wind kept a alot at home...

That's why we came in early!

Sorry that we didn't get to meet up with you. Saw the boat parked next to Art's though! She sure is pretty! How did it handle in the water for you? Jimmy kept saying we'd would have been fine if we had a 32! I think it's a hint to get a bigger boat!!!!
Old 06-14-2006, 07:18 AM
Registered

That's why we came in early!
Sorry that we didn't get to meet up with you. Saw the boat parked next to Art's though! She sure is pretty! How did it handle in the water for you? Jimmy kept saying we'd would have been fine if we had a 32! I think it's a hint to get a bigger boat!!!!
Yeah we ended up putting it on the trailer after we left Gilligans and we drove around to Tims II... Just had enough...

Yeah I dunno... I was a bit short to be real comfortable... I mean it wasn't real bad and the boat did fine all things considered... But the 40+'s had a field day out there... Good time for sure...

Yeah we'll catch up I'm sure... Supposed to be a really nice weekend... So I'm sure we'll be on the water... Looks like Sat. for sure...

Did you guys start the run at all, or just hang it up...?? After we got to Goose Bay the thought crossed my mind...lol
Old 06-14-2006, 10:09 AM
Registered

Yup thats my boat sitting at John's. He loves me as i help keep him in business. Thanks I only hope to get her back on the water soon for the summer. Hate making repairs and the pocket book really hates it..
Old 06-14-2006, 10:15 AM
Registered

He broke it coming back from colonial beach right after I broke and began my long limp home. Everyone is ok. One of the girls (good friend of mine) had to be taken in an ambulance to get stitches. She is doing fine and will recover fine. She is more shooken up than anything. He actually got it back to his marina by getting towed by a buddy of ours and was bailing alot of water en route. But when he got to the ramp due to not being towed or bailing the water out he sank right there on the ramp. He is pretty upset about it. We got a surprize for him though. All in all though everyone was pretty lucky due to the conditions..
Old 06-14-2006, 01:43 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by hvyhitter19
Yeah we ended up putting it on the trailer after we left Gilligans and we drove around to Tims II... Just had enough...

Yeah I dunno... I was a bit short to be real comfortable... I mean it wasn't real bad and the boat did fine all things considered... But the 40+'s had a field day out there... Good time for sure...

Yeah we'll catch up I'm sure... Supposed to be a really nice weekend... So I'm sure we'll be on the water... Looks like Sat. for sure...

Did you guys start the run at all, or just hang it up...?? After we got to Goose Bay the thought crossed my mind...lol

Well then atleast I can tell him that we have to hold off a little longer before we move up in size!

We were at Tim's I for the meeting and breakfast. We did start the run. I saw you guys pull out. When we left, I had a hard time getting the anchor up. Every time I'd get close, the wind would pull me back and I couldn't hang on! Yup, I am anchor BIT@#! Then after leaving Tim's (last) we went to check out Giligan's before we headed back over to Goose Bay and it was just too windy to try to fight it. I had had enough of the rough water. We did notice someone had broke down on the way to Goose Bay and was being towed in. Not sure who that was though! We got back to Goose Bay and pulled right up to the ramp and called it a day. Decided not to even drive around to the stops either. I did open our one card though when we got home and it was a King of Spades!

Anyone have any news on who won or any awards that were given out?

I fell absolutely horrible for the guy who sank though. I am starting to wonder about this run!

I hope this weekend is much better! Weather so far sounds pretty good. I am sure that we will be out on Saturday. Not sure where we will be just yet!
Old 06-15-2006, 07:13 AM
Registered

I'm not sure what the name of the person who won was... I know they were on a 46 Black Thunder, and they had 3 Aces... I think they had $3K Prize...

Yeah the weather is looking HOT... This morning I saw it's supposed to be 93 on Sat. and Sun... We will be out for sure on Sat. and I think we will end up at Gilligans for the evening... There is supposed to be some Band playing there that is good, and some friends are meeting us down there... So we'll probably be out for the better part of the day...
Old 06-15-2006, 08:22 AM
Registered

I will most likley be out as well. However the AT will probably still be in the shop so i will be running the outlaw. Maybe we will see you out there. My outlaw is black and red and has a custom air intake in the seat. can't miss it.
Old 06-15-2006, 08:42 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will be out Saturday along with a few others. Should be a really nice day!!