Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Poker Runs and Boating Events
Traverse City Air Show!!!??? >

Traverse City Air Show!!!???

Notices

Traverse City Air Show!!!???

Old 06-16-2006, 08:26 AM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts
Default Re: Traverse City Air Show!!!???

Originally Posted by DURANGOKID59
Its a little further than 7 miles, I think its about 15, but you'll be good to go leaving from there. You'll be headed out of town to head to Elk Rapids, when everyone and their brother will be trying to get in to Traverse. Have fun out there, and maybe we'll see some of you guys on the water.
Okay, thanks---didn't seem like 15 miles to me, but things can go by very quickly when you're surrounded by such a beautiful countryside. I also heard Elk can get pretty busy during this weekend too---probably everyone who wants to avoid TC's boating launches.
Old 06-16-2006, 08:31 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KAAMA
Okay, thanks---didn't seem like 15 miles to me, but things can go by very quickly when you're surrounded by such a beautiful countryside. I also heard Elk can get pretty busy during this weekend too---probably everyone who wants to avoid TC's boating launches.
I may be a touch over on the 15 miles, but its close. As far as general car traffic, you should be able to avoid it heading out of town. Never tried to launch in Elk during the Cherry Fest, but like you say, Ive heard it gets a bit hectic at the ramp also. Are you guys planning on launching next to the marina there?
Old 06-19-2006, 05:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by DURANGOKID59
Never tried to launch in Elk during the Cherry Fest, but like you say, Ive heard it gets a bit hectic at the ramp also. Are you guys planning on launching next to the marina there?
Yeah, they have a launch ramp that will accomate a 51' Outerlimits if needed---and it is a very nice launching ramp too! I am going to try and round up a few fellers with me to bring their boats as well.
Old 06-19-2006, 05:52 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just booked a room at the Days Inn just down the road from Elk Rapids. Thanks gang!
Hey noise boy, what day U cum'n up?
Old 06-19-2006, 09:23 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by wrinkleface
Hey noise boy, what day U cum'n up?
Tracey, they didn't have any Friday night vacancies at the hotel I am staying at so, I will leave my house at about 5AM Saturday and drive straight to the Elk Rapids boat launch so that I can hopefully meet up with you Charle fellers at the 45th Parralell in time. I will be staying over Saturday night, then Sunday I may go to Torch Lake or back out to the bay---probably Torch though.
Old 06-19-2006, 10:11 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

KAAMA, where do you launch in Elk Rapids?
Old 06-20-2006, 12:22 AM
Registered

I am gonna try to get a boat up there probablly NAS-T. I am going to try to get up there but dont know if mom has stuff planned. liquidthunder is my hero!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hunna
Old 06-20-2006, 06:29 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by noboat
KAAMA, where do you launch in Elk Rapids?
Noboat, I don't know how well you may know the area, but there are two seperate launch ramps in the heart of Elk Rapids that are seperated by a small dam. First, is the smaller launch ramp for Elk Lake in downtown Elk Rapids. It's the launch I use when I am going to Torch Lake.

Secondly, the launch ramp (pictures shown below) that leads out to Grand Traverse Bay is in the city's largest marina where the larger boats are moored. They have a pretty large launch ramp for all the boats going out to Grand Traverse Bay/Lake Michigan. It will be this launch (pictured) that I will be launching from to head out to see the Blue Angels and meet up with Wrink and gang on Grand Traverse Bay.

If you click on the pictures it will enlarge them for you.
Attached Thumbnails Traverse City Air Show!!!???-pierson-081.jpg   Traverse City Air Show!!!???-pierson-082.jpg   Traverse City Air Show!!!???-pierson-083.jpg  

Old 06-20-2006, 07:48 AM
Registered

Tracey, they didn't have any Friday night vacancies at the hotel I am staying at so, I will leave my house at about 5AM Saturday and drive straight to the Elk Rapids boat launch so that I can hopefully meet up with you Charle fellers at the 45th Parralell in time. I will be staying over Saturday night, then Sunday I may go to Torch Lake or back out to the bay---probably Torch though.
I think we decided just to spend the whole weekend out on Torch. I think we'll be there from saturday until tuesday afternoon. We have some friends that have a house on the river so I think we are just going to dock up there and hang out. From what I hear, they are going to have a couple live bands out on the sandbar on saturday and sunday. But, anyway, it you see a Baja Outlaw named Outlaw'd, feel free to stop over and say hi. Steve
Old 06-20-2006, 08:19 AM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kaama shut your trap that ramp is a secret well not anymore....

Quick Reply: Traverse City Air Show!!!???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.