Notices

Lake Cumberland Poker Run

Old 08-12-2006, 04:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Lake Cumberland Poker Run

Originally Posted by itilldo
I think the arm bands are primarily for the after Dinner party (or other meals). Last year there were a lot of gate crashers and I believe that is what they are trying to stop.
Where the DJ and the dance floor was? That was fun
Old 08-14-2006, 09:24 PM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

· 10:00AM First group departs from State Dock

· Conley Bottom Marina: Pick up card on end of dock (marked with Cloud Buster Balloon) 22 miles

· Burnside Marina: Pick up card on end of fuel pier (marked with Cloud Buster Balloon) 15 miles

· Return to State Dock for Lunch 37 miles

· Camp Earl Wallace: Pick up card from Houseboat. (marked with Cloud Buster Balloon) 10 miles

· Grider Hill Marina: Pick up card from end of dock just past fuel pier (marked with Cloud Buster balloon) 23 miles

· 76 Falls, Voluntary stop 3 miles

· Return to State Dock. Drawing of 5th card and opening of envelopes will take place at dinner beginning at 6:00. 13 miles

Last edited by Marginmn; 08-15-2006 at 07:41 AM.
Old 08-15-2006, 08:05 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

We will definately be there. Most fun I've ever had at a poker run.
Attached Thumbnails Lake Cumberland Poker Run-pict0468-small-.jpg   Lake Cumberland Poker Run-pict0507-small-.jpg  

Last edited by Chuck; 08-15-2006 at 08:09 AM.
Old 08-15-2006, 11:28 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by itilldo
I think the arm bands are primarily for the after Dinner party (or other meals). Last year there were a lot of gate crashers and I believe that is what they are trying to stop.
I have heard {dont know for sure} They will be reguired to get on houseboat row & the non-Poker-run party ?
I hope not...They will ruin it for sure
Old 08-15-2006, 11:28 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You are really getting around these days Chuck
Old 08-15-2006, 07:34 PM
Registered

they will be selling wrist bands

from lake cumberland.com :

Hey Poker Run fans! We've got more information for you regarding the course and times. Contrary to what some might be thinking, we have not been keeping the poker run course a secret by any means. Actually, a lot of thought and planning has to be put into where the course can be run, the times, what marinas want to participate, etc. We just finalized it the other day.

I'm not sure how the previous organizers posted the course, but it's possible there might have been a problem with drivers attending the meetings, so they might have waited until the last minute to post the course. Regardless, we hope to remedy that while at the same time, like someone mentioned earlier, letting people know when and where the boats will be zipping by.

As you'll see, the course will be all the way to Burnside this year. Alot of the drivers were commenting that the course was just way too short. In those big boats, it takes no time at all to make those little 10 miles stops. With it being all the way to Burnside, boat drivers will get to really see what their boats can do and also give spectators a chance to see the boats on the other end of the lake.

We hope to have a more interactive map on our website in the next few days along with the full itenerary. In the meantime, I hope this helps you guys. If you have any questions, please let us know...

888-782-8336
http://www.lakecumberlandpokerrun.net

· 10:00AM First group departs from State Dock

· Conley Bottom Marina: Pick up card on end of dock (marked with Cloud Buster Balloon) 22 miles

· Burnside Marina: Pick up card on end of fuel pier (marked with Cloud Buster Balloon) 15 miles

· Return to State Dock for Lunch 37 miles

· Camp Earl Wallace: Pick up card from Houseboat. (marked with Cloud Buster Balloon) 10 miles

· Grider Hill Marina: Pick up card from end of dock just past fuel pier (marked with Cloud Buster balloon) 23 miles

· 76 Falls, Voluntary stop 3 miles

· Return to State Dock. Drawing of 5th card and opening of envelopes will take place at dinner beginning at 6:00. 13 miles

And about the wristbands, I mentioned this in an earlier post, but access to come down to the Dock before the run is free. We want everyone to come down and check out the boats and the fun atmposphere. In order to keep some crowd control on the Dock for the party after the run (mainly youngsters), we will be selling wristbands that will allow you into the party. We will have a live band "The Redneck Rockstars" and also a live DJ with a massive sound system playing on our Party Barge farther down the dock. The wristbands will sell for $20. They will be on sale at the entrance to the dock. If you plan to come by water, we will have several spots where you can purchase them as well. Again, if you have any questions or comments, please let us know. Thanks!

Jim
Old 08-15-2006, 08:05 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by otis311
You are really getting around these days Chuck
Emerald Coast this weekend, Milk Run, Cumberland,Sarasota,and Key West. Then back to work and try to make my summers pay back
Old 08-15-2006, 08:34 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I can't wait!!!!!!
Old 08-15-2006, 09:04 PM
Registered

will be riding for the first time in this
Attached Thumbnails Lake Cumberland Poker Run-32rp-small-.jpg  
Old 08-15-2006, 09:09 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I will be their... Hope to meet you guys!
Jeff
Attached Thumbnails Lake Cumberland Poker Run-engine-install-077-large-.jpg  

Quick Reply: Lake Cumberland Poker Run

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.