Notices

CT Labor Day Raft-up/Run?

Old 08-28-2006, 08:09 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts
Default CT Labor Day Raft-up/Run?

There seems to be a bunch of us around on Labor Day, and so far the weather looks good for at least the first half of the weekend. I know that myself (33' PowerPlay with lame props!), Full Throttle 525 (28' Pantera), JROMY (33' PowerPlay) will be runnung around. Gladhe8er (22' Scarab), Chris288 (28' Sunsation), fountain40icbm (Cig), have expressed interest in coming. I'm sure others would join in too.

Some areas we could hang at are:
Sand Hole (LLoyds Neck, Long Island): A cool place circled by land 360 degrees so the boats won't be banging together during a raft-up. There's ususally about 75-100 boats there on a good summer weekend. Could leave out of Norwalk, about a 10-15 minute ride across. Gotta watch the tide though, would have to get there around 11:00 and leave no earlier than 3-4:00 depending on the day to avoid the ingress/egress at low tide. Otherwise the perfect spot.

Thimble Islands: FT525 and JROMY go there alot so I don't know that much about it, but it's nice from what I here. About 45 miles from Norwalk, 20 or so from Stratford Launch, maybe the same from the Old Saybrook Launch.

Port Jefferson, Long Island: A couple of nice areas to hang at although the last time we did it we had to move to another area in the harbor because the boats were banging around too much. Nice ride from Norwalk (18 miles) and similar from the Stratford launch.

Claudios, Long Island: Launch out of Old Saybrook and shoot across to Claudios, a nice run and the Gut can be fun!! Might be tight getting spots on this weekend, would have to get there early.

So lets here some ideas and some dates, I know I'll be out most of the days this weekend if the weather holds...Steve
Old 08-28-2006, 08:44 AM
Charter Member #71
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: CT Labor Day Raft-up/Run?

.....if you come out east, I'll be forced to fire up the Apache and join ya !
Old 08-28-2006, 09:28 AM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Any of those sound great. I think if you came out east like Wes said you could probally get more boats, but were willing to go anywhere.
Old 08-28-2006, 10:03 AM
Registered

Indy, My experience with the sound is basically NONE... We are familiar with the saybrook launch, but i'm sure we could find our way to the Norwalk launch without a problem also, do you have an address for Norwalks launch ?? Thanks chris..

Last edited by Chris288; 08-28-2006 at 10:06 AM.
Old 08-28-2006, 10:24 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 74 Likes on 47 Posts

If you guys goto the Sandhole I'll make a guest appearance..
Old 08-28-2006, 10:55 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris288
Indy, My experience with the sound is basically NONE... We are familiar with the saybrook launch, but i'm sure we could find our way to the Norwalk launch without a problem also, do you have an address for Norwalks launch ?? Thanks chris..
Its pretty easy. It at Veterans Park. You could get off exit 15 or 16 on I-95. I would suggest 16. Take a right onto east Ave. Go under the railroad bridge(you should fit fine), take a right onto Van Zant St(route 136). You will see 'Sweet Ashley's' on the corner. Go to the end and take a left at the stop sign. Take a left shortly after the first light into Vets park.
-Pete
Attached Images  
Old 08-28-2006, 11:26 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Gladhe8er
Its pretty easy. It at Veterans Park. You could get off exit 15 or 16 on I-95. I would suggest 16. Take a right onto east Ave. Go under the railroad bridge(you should fit fine), take a right onto Van Zant St(route 136). You will see 'Sweet Ashley's' on the corner. Go to the end and take a left at the stop sign. Take a left shortly after the first light into Vets park.
-Pete

Thanks for the info Pete.....
Old 08-28-2006, 12:16 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris288
Thanks for the info Pete.....
No problem! Unfortunately I wont be around to play. I'll be running the boat in Lake George this weekend.
-Pete
Old 08-28-2006, 03:36 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Chris if I-84/Rt. 7 is more convenient for you, I could even wait for ya around that area and you could follow me down. For 95, Gladhe8er's instructions are right on.

Wes...Not sure how confident I am in my trailer's bearings to make the 90 miles up the coast to Old Saybrook, that's one of the many things I need to have looked at. You ought to bring that bad boy down this end, heck, I did it when I had my little Nordic Gas might be an issue though LOL!!! We'll see though...

Keep 'em coming!!

Last edited by Indy; 08-28-2006 at 04:05 PM.
Old 08-28-2006, 04:08 PM
Registered

Steve- right now I'm planning on being out in East Hampton with my boat for the weekend so I'm out as far as Sand Hole goes. If you guys end up doing Claudio's, I'll be right around the corner and would definately meet up.

Quick Reply: CT Labor Day Raft-up/Run?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.