Notices

Chicago Poker Run

Old 07-16-2007, 06:24 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey maybe a stupid question but is there any noise restrictions around chicago for this poker run?? I dont have a super loud boat but I am used to the Lake of the Ozarks where they hand out $100 tickets all day long.
Old 07-16-2007, 07:09 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by tonypo8
Hey maybe a stupid question but is there any noise restrictions around chicago for this poker run?? I dont have a super loud boat but I am used to the Lake of the Ozarks where they hand out $100 tickets all day long.
We have never had any issues with noise. The Indiana law states you must have a muffler but no db requirements are listed. We also talk to the Lake County Sheriff, Chicago Marine Patrol and 2 offices of the coast guard. They have all been very accommodating the prior 2 years.
Old 07-16-2007, 07:12 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Donzi38ZX
We have never had any issues with noise. The Indiana law states you must have a muffler but no db requirements are listed. We also talk to the Lake County Sheriff, Chicago Marine Patrol and 2 offices of the coast guard. They have all been very accommodating the prior 2 years.
That sounds positiive. I have HPI bolt on Mufflers but would like to take them off for the weekend. But I didnt want to get there and worry about dealing with coast gaurd all weekend. If you or anyone else has experienced any problems please post.

Thanks,

Tony
Old 07-16-2007, 07:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by P Offshore
I heard from some hooligans that one of the sponsors was a race fuel distributor, any chance there will be 110 or better available?
In a prior year we had a race fuel sponsor. None this year that i am aware of. Frank, 10x on the board, gets race fuel he should be able to let you know where it can be found. Also Gas City in Indiana claims on their site they will deliver special fuels in quantity's as low as 100 gallons although I am not certain what octanes are available.

http://www.gascitytankwagon.com/
Old 07-16-2007, 10:06 PM
Registered

If anyone wants gas, we can have barrels delivered from 5 minutes away. Call me now to reserve. 116 and 110 leaded. Call Jeff Witham 219-932-0352. Sonoco and Torco distributor.

I run with dry big tube headers through my hatch. No problems. Make some noise!!!!
Old 07-16-2007, 10:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 42MTI
Mark, just wondering if the Merc. Truck was going to be there.
See you Thursday, with our whole crew. Three more day.

The truck was scheduled to come. I just found out Monday that it will not make it for some reason. Mercury personnel will be present and is a huge $ sponsor.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:14 AM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Witham sales amd services will deliver any fuel that Sunoco sells. If you need 116 he has it by the drum and it's $432 per drum, $8 a gal. The 110 comes in drums for $329.94 a drum, and Jeff also has the 110 in bulk. He can bring a tanker truck with 110, and fuel the boats before they go into the water. There is a parking lot directly across the street from the entrance to the marina that we have permission to fuel the boats in. If anyone is gonna need any race gas, give Jeff a call and prearrange it in advance. I did'nt get the price in bulk, but I would think that if he sold enough of it, he could give us some kind of discount off the drum price.

Jeffs # is 219-932-0352

See you guys on friday.
www.chicagopowerboat.com
Old 07-17-2007, 08:38 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

I will be full when I get there but will probably need fuel at the lunch break. Do I have to load my boat to get fuel or is there a place I could get fueled in the water?
Old 07-17-2007, 11:58 PM
Registered

I think the travel lift is the closest you can get your truck to the boat.
Old 07-18-2007, 10:29 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Thanks guys, I called Jeff and we are set for fuel...

Quick Reply: Chicago Poker Run

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.