Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Poker Runs and Boating Events (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/poker-runs-boating-events-19/)
-   -   Royal Purple poker run (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/poker-runs-boating-events/160114-royal-purple-poker-run.html)

team Tickfaw 06-05-2007 07:26 PM

Royal Purple poker run

So who locally is going to make the royal purple. Have been the last 6 -7 years but never actually made the run. We end up staying at prop stop all day and watching the wet t no t contest. Looks like we are going to the capt's party in Baton Rouge. Lea's birthday is that friday so we're trying to plan a good time.

Croozin2 06-06-2007 11:47 AM

Same deal. Probably make a few of the stops and maybe bolt over to N.O. to grab some late lunch. Too many idiots around the dock for me to pull up at Prop Stop and the ferry takes waaaaay too long to get to you. Love the scenery in there but...:rolleyes:

Probably will make the registration party at Hooters Thursday (Imagine That :D ).

jmeng 06-06-2007 12:00 PM

Not gonna make it this year. Baton Rouge Boat Club has an event that day plus my buddies bachelor party is that night in New Orleans.

dogghouse 06-06-2007 04:17 PM

We'll be there not gonna make the run....gonna run to a few stops and the and then go back to Prop Stop. tried to buy a dock spot but they are all sold out.....IF ANYONE WANTS TO SELL THERE SOPT I WILL BUY IT. CALL OR PM ME 225-205-4321. If not a friend of mine has one I am going to tie to the front of him.

Thunderstruck 06-06-2007 05:17 PM

I'll probably be there but need a better place to launch than under the Tickfaw bridge as I will be late i.e. no trailer parking. Any other places to launch? I'll pay if needed.

Probably just play with the boats in the lakes and go to BR Bar. The BR boat club's run is the same weekend?? Maybe enter that if I can get some info. I am past commodore of Calcasieu Boat Club.

Tom

zitoracing 06-06-2007 08:14 PM

We are running the run I have to work till 12:00 so somebody is going to run my boat I will meet them at madisonville. I will also be at Hooters I hope I am closing on my new house and selling my current house Monday the 11th so it will be a crazy week for me so I will need a few Grey Goose and Sprites saturday

zitoracing 06-06-2007 08:16 PM

jmeng
YOU NEED TO MAKE THE RUN. Our you going to the boat club meeting tomorrow night ? If you want to you can come hang out at my shop till the meeting or we can go drink some where till the meeting.

jmeng 06-07-2007 07:16 AM

Yeah planning on making the meeting unless I get hung up at work. Meeting Philip, my dad, and a few other guys to eat at Hawks Nest at 5:45 if you're interested.

zitoracing 06-07-2007 08:12 AM

Is that off sherwood right past the interstate kinda comig from my place on the right

jmeng 06-07-2007 08:15 AM

Yep, back behind Daquiri Cafe.